• This topic has 50 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by appy.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • 6 week, 30 mile old cracked cube reaction!!
  • boltonjon

Good luck getting it sorted – i reckon Cube will replace the frame quick enough

Let us know how you get on pal

appy
    Free Member

Just had a phone call saying they are swapping it to a 2012 frame.

Not sure how i feel about this, as im selling it when it returns will this affect the resale value? Guess ill have to sell it as a custm built cube

Serious question can i demand like for like replacement?

I see the trolls just cant help themselves

wwaswas

I’d just explain what happened when you come to sell it. As long as all the components swap across ok then there’s nothing to worry about, is there?

Out of interest why are you selling a 6 week old bike?

honourablegeorge

appy – Member

Not sure how i feel about this, as im selling it when it returns will this affect the resale value? Guess ill have to sell it as a custm built cube

It’ll be a 2011 bike with a 2012 frame. Surely that’s a good thing?

andyl
    Free Member

Looks like they have done some changes for the latest carbon frame – especially around the seat clamp area: http://www.cube.eu/en/hard/pro-comp/reaction-gtc-race/

EDIT: looking again maybe not so much change. Probably just have no stock of older frames or maybe they have replaced a few and did update it. Either way I would consider the 2012 an upgrade and be happy with that.

I get confused by huge bike ranges like Cube has but I am guessing that will be the frame you get, pretty similar looks wise so your colour scheme will be okay which can be a pain with bikes like Cube with lots of graphics.

Probably the same frame as the two other reactions with Fox forks and different colour schemes.

Naming and shaming when a frame breaks can hurt brand strength but it also lets people know that breaks do happen which is good for making sure companies change designs and it’s also beneficial when the owners post up positive experiences from warranty claims.

Gary_M
    Free Member

You can demand all you like but if they don’t have a 2011 frame then I would have thought the 2012 version would be a good alternative.

boltonjon

Glad to see that your getting the replacement

How come your selling it though?

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

They are probally giving you a 2012 because they have no 2011’s left,

Why are you selling it? You’ll struggle to find a brand that makes a frame that hasn’t had one crack etc. Warranty is there for a reason to pick out the error rate.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Sell as a bike split with brand new unused frame and you’ll realise more money in constituent parts than you will selling the whole bike.
    Plus you wont have to build it back up with the new frame, Win win!
    Only downside is you might have send more items by post as a result.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

lol @ rocketdog handing out style advice – the irony.

appy
    Free Member

full refund given and in my bank

They say the proof of a company is how good they are when things go wrong and in this case i really cant praise Certini enough.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘6 week, 30 mile old cracked cube reaction!!’ is closed to new replies.