Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 40 bikes stolen from AJ Cycles, Northants
  • wwaswas

No point having shutters if the actual building is so easy to breach 🙁

A total of 40 valuable carbon fibre bikes were taken from the building.

All of the bikes were either Giant, Trek or Specialized models and a number of pieces of Endura, Pearl and Izumi items of clothing were also stolen.

To get into the building, the thieves blocked off a public footpath with security fencing, erected a screen to shield their activities then demolished a breeze block wall (pictured).

https://www.northants.police.uk/#!/News/26032

hooli

Wow!

project
    Free Member

Well known entry technique, quite af ew units round here where broken into same way a few years ago they also went through all the internal walls from one to another, breeze blocks dont stop much getting in.

simondbarnes

Scum 🙁

shiatostorm
    Free Member

Thats rather sad to see…looks like they knew what they were after and how to get it. Must have taken quite a bit of hardware to cut through all that

spence
    Free Member

Bugger, yeah preferred method of entry for the local scumbags. Nice shop and some good guys.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

A spanner to undo the tek screws, peel back the sheets and a big boot to kick the wall down and your in..

benpinnick

40 bikes? I wonder what the police response time to the callout was… not good I guess!

shiatostorm
    Free Member

how do you prevent someone smashing through a – once thought sturdy – wall?! build a steel cage within it?

damascus
    Free Member

There is a product already on the market that can detect knocking and vibrations that gets fitted to high security buildings. I guess it’s one of those things that you don’t ever think about until it happens.

beaker

I think it was Napoleon who said Audacity Audacity audacity.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘40 bikes stolen from AJ Cycles, Northants’ is closed to new replies.