Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 30t 104bcd Singlespeed Chainrings?
  • troberts1994
    Free Member

As posted in the title, does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes regular (by this I mean not narrow/wide) 30t chainrings for 104bcd? I’ve just got myself a single speed winter hack but I’m in the Lakes and my legs aren’t quite in beast mode yet! I’m running a single speed chain meaning a narrow/wide chainring won’t be compatible. If anyone can help me out it’d be greatly appreciated.

Ta

breadcrumb

Would it not be easier to run a larger sprocket at the back?

Beast mode doesn’t take long to kick in, in my experience. I’m a fellow Lakes SS’er.

troberts1994
    Free Member

You’re probably right there, I wanted to upgrade the chainring as it’s cheap and nasty so wanted to kill two birds with one stone as it were. Out of interest what ratios are you running?

cp

A narrow wide will work fine assuminng by single speed chain you mean 1/8″. You’re just a bit wider than a 3/32″ chain so you’ll be looser on the ring width, but as you’re ss and assuming you are using horizontal dropouts you aren’t relying on the narrow wide thing to work.. So that opens up much more options.

What are you using on the rear? Screw on bmx freewheels or a converted cassette hub? Either way I’d be inclined to get a couple of different sprocket sizes rather than swap chainring – likely to be cheaper.

breadcrumb

I’m running 32:19 on a 29er. Ran 32:18 on my old 26″ SS.

Rear sprockets are cheap as chips. I may have an 18t kicking about spare..

iain1775
    Free Member

Get a bigger rear sprocket, probably cheaper then when you get stronger it’s easier to swop to a smaller rear sprocket and shorten chain (if needed) than a bigger front ring and possibly need a new longer chain

scandal42
    Free Member

I used nw with no issues

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘30t 104bcd Singlespeed Chainrings?’ is closed to new replies.