Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 187 total)
  • 3 peaks cc – whos applied?
  • sefton
    Free Member

who applied for the 3 peaks then?

I did last night (first time so hope I get selected)!

rich-c
    Free Member

I’ve put my entry in and 1st time CX for me as I’ve done the fell race twice, really hoping this might be a little bit easier but I doubt it.
    Fingers crossed I’m accepted.

MrSparkle

If we both get accepted Craig I’ll be in touch re some training. Fingers etc crossed.

GregMay
    Free Member

Hopefully 4th time for me!

sefton
    Free Member

709 entries with another day to go!

crazy-legs

Yes, got my entry in a couple of days ago – guaranteed place cos I marshalled at the Bradford CX.

Suppose I’d best start thinking about doing some running again…

f757lkk
    Free Member

I got my application in as soon as it opened… 1st time for me so i have my fingers crossed i get selected!

Are any of you guys members of cycling clubs, my friend (who has raced it three times now) thinks that gives you a better chance of selection.

Jamie

nosemineb
    Free Member

If i get in it will be my first bike race in 2 years. Which is when i last did it. This year will be my 6th.
    I think its harder than the run! 😕

Rorschach
    Free Member

Me….unfortunately (is it wrong to hope I DON’T get in?).

boxelder

Me – third effort to get sub 4 hr.
    Running you say?

nosemineb
    Free Member

Walking more than running, running implies you’re moving quickly. 😯

crazy-legs

Are any of you guys members of cycling clubs, my friend (who has raced it three times now) thinks that gives you a better chance of selection.

It helps lots if your name is Nick Craig or Rob Jebb. Other than that, they select a range of ages, abilities etc and a balance between those who’ve done it before and first timers.

There are two ways to get a definite entry:
    be a Three Peaks winner
    marshal the previous years Bradford National Trophy CX

I took the easier option of marshalling. 😉

sefton
    Free Member

looking at past result everyone is affiliated with a club.

fatmax

Myself and a pal have entered and we’d both be first timers….in fact we’d both have to buy or borrow cross bikes! Fingers crossed. When do we find out?

fatmax

Does anyone know if the shape of Boardman cross bikes are compliant with the frame spec rules?

Clover

Whispers…. me…. gulp…

On a lighter note, anyone in the Calder Valley ish area up for a long CX ride this weekend? Don’t want to do the Mary T again so trying to put together a few other loops around about that distance.

And, is anyone doing the Hell of the West? (http://www.hellofthewest.co.uk/)

sefton
    Free Member

I would think the boardman would be fine – http://www.3peakscyclocross.org.uk/regulations%20for%20competitors%202012.pdf

I’m up in the lakes this weekend. but I’m often around the pennines on my cx bike – once we hear back I might organize a long day out on the cx bikes for all who’s interested.

crazy-legs

looking at past result everyone is affiliated with a club.

There’s lots of “Private Members” on there – the general term for BC Members not associated with any club. I did my first 2 Three Peaks races under my old cycle club but I’m not a member of any club now, it hasn’t affected my entry for the last 2 or 3 years.

Clover

We’re going to do the Southern Cross (http://www.southerncrosscx.co.uk/) as well – consolation if I don’t get a three peaks entry, practice if I do… 😀

theteaboy
    Free Member

Oh god, I’ve applied too.

Anyone want to ride/ run/ push/ carry/ mop up my blood round Airedale/ Wharfedale?

nosemineb
    Free Member

[video]http://youtu.be/NQmVqxVJvao?hd=1[/video]
    Is it cold in here? ive got goosebumps! 😕 8)
    Cant link video, sorry.

DavidB
    Free Member

I’m missing it this year to do THE three peaks instead on a CX bike, Snowdon, Sca Fell then Nevis and “yes” I know that Sca Fell does not have a bridleway to the top..that’s what me shoulders are for.

Clover

Cheer me up! I have just discovered that they’ve moved Hell of the West to the same weekend as the Three Peaks. Was hoping to do both… 🙁

Edric64
    Free Member

I have entered and marshalled the Bradford cx to make sure I get in

boxelder

I’m in – just got my invitation.

nosemineb
    Free Member

Me to!

sefton
    Free Member

Im in too! 8)

GregMay
    Free Member

Moi aussi

aP
    Free Member

Bollocks. Been away for a week n the lands of no internets (Penrith & mid Wales).
    Oh well, guess I’ll have to enter Iron Cross instead.

crazy-legs

Yep, just confirmed my entry too.

MrSparkle

See you there, mes amis.

rich-c
    Free Member

Just had my invite too, can’t wait 😀

crikey
    Free Member

I’m in and will be starting to train tomorrow on the road, then off it when my crosser is rebuilt.

Simon fell is steeper than you think. Even when you’ve been up it, it’s still steeper than you think.

davetrave
    Free Member

Woop woop! See you all in Helwith in September, hopefully the weather’ll be a bit better than last year, but probably not…

sambob
    Free Member

My dad’s doing it, so I’ll be there making lots of noise with a cow bell . Anyone got a road or cross bike I can borrow to get myself around again? 🙂

boxelder

Anyone got a road or cross bike I can borrow to get myself around again?

I’ve got one you can take up three fells (if you time it right)?

Clover

I’m in! 😀

Albert_Ross
    Free Member

I’m in but my jaw dropped at the entrance fee (£53). I’ve done it the last few years and I’m sure it wasn’t quite this expensive.

sambob
    Free Member

You’ll have to explain where Three Fells to me, but if it’ll fit someone 6’2″ I’m in. Unless you mean the 3 separate hills, in which case, no. I’ve not entered for a reason 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

Ahh buttocks…..I got in again 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 187 total)

The topic ‘3 peaks cc – whos applied?’ is closed to new replies.