Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)
  • >£2K Enduro! frame and forks.
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Get the reign. You can’t go wrong.

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m glad you said that mosey 😀

tomaso
    Free Member

My XL Reign is very very long with 480mm reach. It’s only a alloy bottom of range one but it rides great and climbs better than you’d think! €1999 euro which is £1400 ish and comes with a Reverb stealth not a Giant dropper.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Well I’m now about experience how good/bad Giant are on warranties…

wysiwyg
    Free Member

XL> how tall are you?

tomaso
    Free Member

@wysiwyg I am 6’2″ and probably between L and XL.

I bypassed Giant and German bikeshop warranty when the forks failed and went direct to Fishers.

@hobnob what was the warranty claim for?

deviant
    Free Member

Well I’m now about experience how good/bad Giant are on warranties…

Excellent, not that you should need it, my ’15 Trance is built like a tank, impossibly light to pick up but incredible welding and oversized tubing I could stare at four hours.

chakaping
    Free Member

Excellent, not that you should need it,

I think he’s saying he does need it.

Come on hobnob, spill the beans – cracked carbon frame?

chakaping
    Free Member

The new Reign 1.5 Ltd looks like a very well specced and great value bike (w/interesting colours!) but not sure if it’s coming to the UK.

Just had a peep at this, looks great but as you say it’s not on the UK site.

And the colour of the 2016 Reign 2.

😯

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Where are the cheap Reigns? I’m a small by the way.

tomaso
    Free Member

Search Google.fr and Google.de and see if you can get one in the end of 2015 sale

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll go hunting.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Come on hobnob, spill the beans – cracked carbon frame?

Yep. Warranty claim is underway now so hopefully I should know in the next week/10 days.

I’m injured now anyway, and only have a couple of weeks left in Canada so i’m still using it as my riding is going to be somewhat tame until we leave 🙂

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Hob> bring me a bike back will you. I know just the one. £££ in it 😉

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Drop me an email – we may have the space (I was going to squeeze a new 5010 frame in but can’t find any here).

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Little Reign update, following on from my little issue.

Giant have agreed to replace my frame, pretty quick turnaround, considering the weekend. The failure rate apparently has been very low on the carbon frame so they want it back to go to Taiwan & see what’s happened.

Sadly it’s the end of the Green Goblin though, as it’s being replaced with an Advanced 0 Team frame.

Pretty happy with that, will be sat waiting for my return from Canada. Hopefully the current bike has 2 weeks left in her 🙂

wrecker
    Free Member

it’s being replaced with an Advanced 0 Team frame.

HIGH FIVE!

sq225917
    Free Member

New Codeine 650, 150mm trvel frame and zocchi SCR32 air shock– £999. Slap on the fork off your choice and off you go.

tomaso
    Free Member

The 650b Codeine has the pivot hardware of a 1998 Giant ATX, but you get what you pay for.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I managed to put a deposit down for ex-demo Reign 2> Comes with a full warranty a few months back for 1400 quid. Kind of pissed now that I could have bought a new one for 1600, but it would seem all of the larges are sold?

I’d love a carbon one and could afford to have bought the 2016 Carbon 2 model, but it’s gone up in price to 3700 and I just can’t justify 2300 quid more – that’s only 200g lighter than the alu model. (the aluminium frame weighs as much as a lot of carbon frames and neither does it have that coke can quality that so many light aluminium frames have) My heart said yes, my head said no. 1400 quid is not a lot of money for an ex-demo bike in good nick – that’s 2300 quid I could spend on carbon wheels, better brakes, more tyres, a saddle that I like, nice cranks and a 2016 Fox 36 and an X2 coil shock on the rear.

Or just 4 weeks in the Alps camping and getting utterly smashed between rides.

They ride great, not sure I need anything better than the bog standard alu one. It’s vastly superior to my 3500 quid Nukeproof Mega that I had before. I’m somewhat of a skeptic but I’m a big believer in long top tubes and wheelbases now. The bike is predictable, controlled and lively and the rear shock tune is spot on.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘>£2K Enduro! frame and forks.’ is closed to new replies.