• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by aP.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 29er tubeless slick'ish tyres – what's other than Maxxis Refuse?
  • medoramas
    Free Member

The Refuse tyres look very nice, but they seems too pricey for my sudden will of few road trips on my 29er… Are there any cheaper tubeless options on the “above 1.5″ width” range?

nedrapier

2.35 Shwobble G-Ones are cheap on Planet x /On one at the mo. £33 for 2, posted or something like that.

stom86
    Free Member

I am currently running a maxxis Roamer on the back of my commuter bike. Seems to roll well enough and it can be had for about £22.50. I am running it tubeless despite it not being a tubeless tyre. It was a pain to initially seat tubeless which was partly due to a non-tubeless rim, which eventually needed thick layers of tape to sort. I was pumping it up and riding it twice a day for a week before it finally started holding the pressure properly. But it is good now 🙂

medoramas
    Free Member

Many thanks! The G-One looks like what I need!

@stom86 I tried to set up non-TR Maxxis Aspen tubeless one day and I don’t want to repeat this hassle anymore – I ran out of swearwords after 5 minutes!!! 😆

aP
    Free Member

Teravail Sparwood – Have done a lot of miles on these, and they’ve held up well.
    Terrene?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘29er tubeless slick'ish tyres – what's other than Maxxis Refuse?’ is closed to new replies.