Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 29er Hans Dampf
  • DaveE

Any good for winter riding (Mud)

bedmaker

Not really. I’ve just swapped mine for beavers for the winter.

steve_b77
    Free Member

My mate has just fitted some to his lurcher.

1, they’re massive
    2, they work well in mud and on roots

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bonesetter
    Free Member

Brilliant grip

singlecrack
    Free Member

They can even give you grip on wet glass*

*may not actually be true

Clong
    Free Member

They blinking wide though, only just fit in my kona unit frame with the chain tugs in the most rear ward position.

firestarter
    Free Member

How wide is wide ??

martinxyz
    Free Member

they work well in mud and on roots

Aye, I thought the same. Deffo going to get some for my 26 inch wheeled bike. Wet rocks,roots seemed a piece of cake on the 29 HD up front but I wasn’t sure of the compound. If it was pacestar,I’m impressed!

takisawa2

I was tempted but went with Ralphs instead. Lose a bit of grip but roll nicely. Plus the 2.4 size means can run softer. I can see these staying on all winter.

jonstanley
    Free Member

Got a pair on Stan’s rims… currently waiting for them to settle/seat on the rim bead so are inflated at 40~45psi… they are measuring 2.5in knob-to-knob wide. So probably 2.4in when I drop them down to 20psi, as I’m a whippet.

firestarter
    Free Member

Christ that is big , can’t be many frames they will fit in with a bit of mud

bonesetter
    Free Member

I think they’re really intended for front end grip

Gotama
    Free Member

I think they’re average in the mud tbh. Wet roots and rock yep, they grip well, mud causes them to squirm, especially on fast corners. Also if they do start to clog a 2.4 29er tyre weighs a ton when you’re pedalling back up. Just put a specialized storm on there and despite losing .4 of an inch in width the grip is much better.

Edit however i do like it on the front of my rigid swift as you can run a nice low pressure and you’re generally going slower anyway.

boxelder

£45+?
    Do they wash your bike and make you tea?

FuzzyWuzzy

they aren’t particularly good in mud, especially claggy mud but work well in the wet (roots, rocks etc.) so depends how much actual mud riding you’re planning on, I generally avoid it these days so stopped using mud-specific tyres last year.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘29er Hans Dampf’ is closed to new replies.