• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by arkx.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 29" bike fit
  • arkx
    Free Member

Hello
    I need your help. I plan slowly to build my new 29″ hardtail bike but i have a query about a bike fit that i have done in the past.My query is, if the given of the bike fitting, geometry and numbers, can be used to find, the right frame size and geometry, for me on 29″ wheels?
    Thanks in advance.

mboy
    Free Member

The wheel size isn’t important when it comes to fitting the individual on a bike (other than physically checking that they don’t get in the way at all if they’re bigger than you are used to). The important thing is being able to get all the contact points where you want them, hence reach/stack/BB height measurements are all quite important and can be used to judge suitability of one frame or another for your own purposes, within reason.

Poopscoop

Hello OP and welcome to the forum! 🙂

Very knowledgeable guys on here as you’ll find out.

What frame you building up out of curiosity?

arkx
    Free Member

I ‘m between many frames that fit me but most this two Cube Reaction GTC and the new Spesh Chisel. The given top tube length is 57.4 cm with 72° seat angle and 71° head angle

thomthumb
    Free Member

Reach and stack are important for standing size. ETT & stack for seated.

For me I’m fussy with stack height- as I don’t like a high front end. Most of my bikes have neg rise stems & slammed.

Best bet is compare with some bikes you are currently riding.

Plug some numbers in here. http://www.bikegeo.net

arkx
    Free Member

The given stack is 46.9cm and the reach plus stem is 48.8cm. My last bike was a cube fs ams 100, so i think i can’t compare is a different type of bike. Also how can we decrease the stack, to assume with a negative stem?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘29" bike fit’ is closed to new replies.