Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 26 Rear Wheel for HT
  • chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Recommend me a rear wheel, poss wheel set that have tough hubs which can stand hardtail back axle smashing! I like to jump a bit, think the biggest drop I’ve hit was about 3 ft so far, sure some would call it a step 😆 will be going bigger this year though more DH stuff! are there any that don’t break the bank?

Ride the usual suspects: Lee & Cragg Quarry, Llandegla, Stile Cop, Hope Valley, some natural shiz in Lyme Park and surrounding countryside and Macc Forrest.

edward2000
    Free Member

Spank Oozy

gonzy
    Free Member

its not just a durable hub you need. you’ll need a strong rim too…this will obviously add weight but on a hardtail it should be ok so long as you dont mind the extra weight.
    i’ve used in the past ringle hubs which have been very durable and shimano hubs are the same too.
    my current wheelset consists of an WTB laser dh 20mm (front) and atomlab trailpimp (rear) built onto atomlab dhr rims
    they are a bit heavy but tough as **** and the complete wheelset is now over 10 years old. they’ve had all sorts of abuse during that time
    the front hub bearings got replaced about 2 years ago but the rear is still running perfectly on its original bearings and TBH i’ve never serviced it.
    i’m waiting for them to die so i can buy a new wheelset (the only way i can justify the spend) but the sodding things seem to run for ever… 😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘26 Rear Wheel for HT’ is closed to new replies.