Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 26+
  • wintersun
    Free Member

I know there a a couple of manufacturers making 26+ frames now, Jamis and Surly for sure, but has anyone built one from anyone else? I think I saw somewhere that you can get 2.8 tyres into Ragley Blue Pig 26″ frame. The max tyres I want to run are 2.8. Any advice from anyone who has tried to do it?

kayla1
    Free Member

Dunno about 26″ frames but surely there are any amount of 650B frames that could be used. I’d love to give a Flare with 26+ wheels a go but the thick end of £1500 for a frame is a bit salty 😕

Also, has anyone got any links to 26+ tyres that are available over here?

nedrapier

I’ve had a 3in knard from Triton and a 2.75 Dirt Wizard from Charlie TBM.

Plenty of space in the fork (Salsa cromoto), less in the rear, but a rigid SixtyPluster works very nicely.

wintersun
    Free Member

[/quote]I’ve had a 3in knard from Triton and a 2.75 Dirt Wizard from Charlie TBM.

Plenty of space in the fork (Salsa cromoto), less in the rear, but a rigid SixtyPluster works very nicely.

Which frame is that nedrapier?

nedrapier

wintersun in quote code calamity!

it’s a ’99 Dekerf Generation. Nothing unusual in terms of frame clearance in the back. Just enough space for a 2.4 conti X King on a crest.

If I had money to burn, I might rebuild the rear on something like a 35mm rim and go a 2.2″. The 2.4 might even still fit. Shoulder knobs won’t spread much.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Id be interested to know whats the biggest tyre you can get in a 26 Fox 36….Fork looks fairly wide?

jamiesilo
    Free Member

26+ plus thread on mtbr:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/26-27-5-29-plus-bikes/26-tire-choices-1004306.html
    mostly tire chat admittedly, but lots of active posters for queries

some 26+tyres on ebay, but its Minions i’m waiting for…

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Open One+ in a small does 26+

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘26+’ is closed to new replies.