Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 24mth phone contracts…?
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Anyone have one? Are you comfortable with being tied into the same phone for 2 years? All the beat deals seem to be 24mth these days and I am trying to.convince myself that its ok to sign up for so long.

druidh
    Free Member

What’s the problem. Phones don’t actually change that much in 24 months. You don’t have to buy into all the new features each time they’re announced you know!

clubber
    Free Member

My iPhone broke twice in that time – first time replaced free, second time it was right at the end so I just got the cash back from Mazuma.

I wouldn’t take out a 24 month contract without either being prepared to pay for a replacement phone or having insurance. YMMV.

flyingmonkeycorps

I’m on one, but I have a spare phone which seems to be more or less indestructible.

druidh
    Free Member

clubber – Member
    My iPhone broke twice in that time – first time replaced free, second time it was right at the end so I just got the cash back from Mazuma.

I’m with vodafone and the warranty on the handset is the same duration as the contract – other than for the iphone where it is 12 months

jon1973
    Free Member

I thought 24 months was getting to be pretty standard now.

warton
    Free Member

iPhone 4 with a 24 month contract. I’m fine with it. got an E71 before this with 18 months, now that was a real pain!

IA

On a 24month contract, as even if I use it 18months, then buy out the remaining time, it still costs me less overall/per month than the 18month equivalent… so I’m not tied-in in any meaningful way.

Stoner
    Free Member

I have an HTC legend on 24m with vodafone. Its been good, and had it’s OS upgraded a couple of times on the way.

In fact it still packs a punch as an android phone – im not sure Ill need to change it when my contract’s up for renewal next summer.

geoffj

Isn’t it the case that the contract is for 24 months, but the warranty on the phone is for 12? I thought that’s how it works but maybe completely wrong.

xiphon
    Free Member

I’m sticking with my HTC Hero (villainROM OS) – 18 month contract here.

No need to change phones…

jon1973
    Free Member

No need to change phones…

You can usually get massive discounts on your monthly contract at renewal time if you don’t get a new phone.

deviant
    Free Member

Depends what network you are with.

3 are happy to throw new phones at customers every year if you sign up for another year….so 1 year into a 2 year deal my other half usually rings up and asks for a new phone, 3 say ‘yes, but can you extend your contract by a year?’….GF says ‘yes’ and new phone arrives the next day.

Its ok if you are happy with the network but if she ever wants to leave then she’ll have to buy out her remaining months or wind down a 2 year contract.

I was with O2 for 12 years (when they were Cellnet!) and trying to get a decent phone from them was a joke…my ‘upgrade’ each year (or each second year, cant remember) would always be a step behind whatever was cutting edge at the time, my crappy old phones provided a great source of amusement for my friends….i think the free upgrades from O2 were just an excuse to get rid of old stock.
    I’ve now switched to 3 and was given a choice of Nexus-S, HTC Desire HD, Samsung Galaxy-S or iphone-4 as my last phone….all phones i would have had to pay for with O2 the tight bastards.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Yep,

I’m paying £2.50 a month for 500minutes and unlimited texts 🙂

No you can’t get an iPhone on that deal unfortunately 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

geoffj – Member
    Isn’t it the case that the contract is for 24 months, but the warranty on the phone is for 12? I thought that’s how it works but maybe completely wrong.

Might be different across networks.

nbt

Yep,

I’m paying £2.50 a month for 500minutes and unlimited texts

who with and can you get that deal for me? 🙂

momo

I’m just coming to the end of a 24 month contract on my iPhone 3Gs, I was always a serial phone swapper before, but I’m not too worried about it now, will be changing to a 4s next Friday either as an upgrade or a new contract depending on which gives me the best deal (also reception on my current network – Orange/T-mobile – is pants at my house and my flatmate has just installed a Vodafone sure signal, so I may make the switch to them) and again I will take a 24 month contract.

thehustler
    Free Member

Iphone 4 24 mth contract, dropped it and completely smashed screen, bank with lloyds, fixed under insurance from bank acc so no problem for me to do 24mth or longer…..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘24mth phone contracts…?’ is closed to new replies.