Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 2.25 Beaver?
  • sam_underhill

Anyone know much about them? I’m sure I’ve seen mention of them, but can’t find much else. The 2.0 I’ve used previously has been great, I’d just like to try it in a larger size for this winter.

adsh
    Free Member

It’s due into this country in December according to next day tyres. I want one

It’s quite a bit heavier than the 2.0

legend
    Free Member

It’s quite a bit heavier than the 2.0

Probably not a bad thing, the current 2.0s have very thin sidewalles

sam_underhill

Cheers. It’ll be covered in about 3 lbs of mud, so a bit of extra rubber won’t make all that much difference.

Bugger, just thought. I wonder how big it is? A 2.25 Ardent race doesn’t really fit in the back of my flux, but they seem to come up big. It’s just that the 2.0 looks a bit tiddly.

adsh
    Free Member

Surely the 2 is ok on the back of an fs with the bigger up front?

pete68
    Free Member

hopefully they’ll be a tubeless version as well. If so I might keep them on the hardtail year round.

argee

Was just going to ask a question on the beaver tyres, i’ve just taken delivery of a 2″ tyre and it comes up at 1.8″, is anyone running this up front, as it just seems a bit too skinny for my liking, weirdly i have about 4 sets of Maxxis tyres just now, and this one being a 1.8 in size instead of a 2 was a shock.

P20

I’ve just put the 2.0 on the hardtail and it looks tiny. I certainly wouldn’t fancy them on the FS. Didn’t realise there was a 2.2 on its way 🙄

chip
    Free Member

I have been running 2.0 beavers for a few weeks now in all kinds of mud.
    Can’t fault them, they have refused to clog and saved my bacon a couple of times where I was for sure i was going for a burton, but instead they just bit in and the bike went where I pointed it.

Really impressed and happy to stick with the 2.0 ‘s

zinaru
    Free Member

anyone tried the 2.25s yet?

im liking the idea. as narrow as i’d now go on the back.

matched to a knard up front (on a rigid) that im bizarrely finding good in the spag bol. floaty grip strangness at 15 psi on a blunt.

running a gato that im delighted with on the back but keen to try other stuff. been running them solid for 2 years and im getting bored of their amazingness.

its also a funny name for a tyre that will make my wife laugh.

‘your jones finally has a beaver’

wiggles
    Free Member

IF funny names is what your after then could go the full small mammal combo and have a honey badger/beaver combo

matthew_h
    Free Member

Due into us any day now and I have a couple of the 2.25×29 EXO ones with my name on. Hoping to have them on my bike to test out shortly.

toons
    Free Member

Who is us?

Can’t wait to try these, my nobby nic is starting to struggle, now it’s getting clarty.

z1ppy

I asked a tyre supplier what happening about deliveries as there original Dec ‘in stock’ date slipped into January, and there reply was:

Yes my understanding is that the container with these tyres on is in the
    country already.

OneIndustries are moving their warehousing over the Christmas/New Year
    period and won’t be despatching any orders until Monday 6th January which is
    why they pushed back the date, so we are hopeful of a delivery Tues/Wed of
    that week

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

If your finding the beavers to small and thin i can recommend the spesh storm control. Not as light but it has the control casing so p sturdy and the come up on size. Otherwise identical tread…

warns74
    Free Member

Been running 2.25 Beaver (29er) for a month or so now. Got fed up with lack of info from Maxxis UK so ordered a pair from the US so I had them for the start of the wet weather. Cost slightly more with small customs payments and RM handling fee.

I had been running storm controls front and back but wasn’t happy with the grip levels on the front. I know no tyre is that good in very muddy wet slippy conditions but the storms just seemed to ping off everything (even at low pressures) and werent very confidence inspiring on techy descents.

2.25 beaver on the front is superb, a revelation compared with the storm and much more confident on wet roots and rocks. Am trying it out with the Storm on the back and it seems a very good combo.

Exo casing is quite heavy (750g ish) but the added volume is a bonus on the hardtail. Size wise it comes up about the same as my 2.25 Ardents and is definitely bigger than the storm 2.0.

Tried it out today on wet mendip clay and wet rocky rooty descents through woodland and it was great. Also shed very well too.

Highly recommended when they’re available.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘2.25 Beaver?’ is closed to new replies.