Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 20mm maxle
  • larrythelathe
    Free Member

why why why does it KEEP coming loose anyone fixed this?

Northwind

Never had it happen tbh- which version is it?

larrythelathe
    Free Member

its on a lyric didn’t know more than one version.
    every time i push it hard its loose! driving me mad

ryreed
    Free Member

Not being funny or anything but…are you doing it up properly? Have one on a Lyrik with no issues. Tighten into the fork threads by rotating whole axle, then use the qr type skewer to lock into place by rotating lever only and expanding the 20mm tube into the threads…

Sure you are…just that I’ve never had any issues and can’t see how you would with the design.

coatesy
    Free Member

How hard is the lever to close? You may need to adjust it so there’s a touch more tension, the latest ones need the lever opened to reveal a 2.5mm allen key fitting, tighten this a click or two.

nickhart
    Free Member

Are the threads ok? A friend stripped theirs and have to buy a new axle. Have you adjusted the nut at the opposite end to the qr? Take it al to pieces and check nothing is obviously broke, it sounds like something is.

patriotpro
    Free Member

The Maxle I had on the Pikes were rock solid and never came loose.

The Maxle-Lite on the Sektors is a joke, comes loose after a couple of days and that’s taking it off and re-fitting it between trails.

Sorry not sure of the fix but i’m interested to hear of anyone that does have a fix.

reedspeed
    Free Member

I’ve got one on my Float 36’s,its never ever come undone,you’re doing something wrong..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘20mm maxle’ is closed to new replies.