Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 2017 Whyte bikes revealed
  • tymbian
    Free Member
    qwerty
    Free Member

Subtle changes, wider rims, boost (not sure if 2016 was).

WheelBase guy said prices staying the same, except for G160 which comes with better spec and a price hike.

He reckoned most of theirs won’t make it to the shop floor as pre ordered.

Great bikes.

ferrals
    Free Member

Sad to see no new developments in the xc range. Not that I’m in the market for a new bike, but just to lust over.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

Hardly any change to the T130’s. And they had Boost on the 2016 bikes.

z1ppy

Sad to see no new developments in the xc range. Not that I’m in the market for a new bike, but just to lust over.

Not that I’m expecting any changes, but that page only currently has the updated T-130, the brochure is still the current 2016 range

coomber
    Free Member

paulneenan76 – Member

Hardly any change to the T130’s. And they had Boost on the 2016 bikes.

Arent all the T range considerably longer now?

dlr

Not even July FFS, why is the bike industry like this!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Not even July FFS, why is the bike industry like this!

Bike company brings out a new range, date is really irrelevant tbh, don’t get why this would annoy you.

The Whyte rep at Tweedlove mentioned that the new bikes will have matched dropper size – ie Small has 125mm reverb, Med 150 and Large 170. Likey.

legend
    Free Member

to be fair to Whyte, I believe they might have rushed these along as the stock situation for 2016 models is dire. I do wonder if they are really 2016.5 more than 2017 though?

bigblackshed

The bike industry needs to sort themselves out with release dates. Announcements in the summer, dealers finally get some stock in September, by March when people are looking at new bikes after the winter slop and filth, limited stock, by May / June when there’s a big demand from the part-timers there’s no stock available.

The general public don’t want to be told that they may get something by September or October when they walk in the bike shop in spring.

My lbs could sell far more if stock was available, but they aren’t big enough to speculatively buy stock in the Autumn with the hope that it will be the right stock come spring.

dlr

It’s just the principle of the data that annoys me 🙂 Announcing stuff which isn’t available for months then gets delayed more (canyon…) is also annoying

benpinnick

The Whyte rep at Tweedlove mentioned that the new bikes will have matched dropper size – ie Small has 125mm reverb, Med 150 and Large 170. Likey.

We did this for a couple of years since we started selling bikes, then realised it was a nonsense to put specific sizes on specific bikes. We probably sell more 150s on mediums than we do larges.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Yeah, but the point he was making was that because of the low seat mast and clamping system they use, dropper length choice isn’t decided by leg length. A lot of medium size riders buying medium frames can’t fit a 150 reverb to the frames because of the high seat mast, generally due to the brace from the YT.

scotroutes

Rather than be annoyed about 2017 ranges being announced now, ask yourself why we need an annual cycle anyway.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I thought you cycled a lot more than that….

brickwizard
    Free Member

any body know if the colours will stay the same on the 2017 G160’s?

lawman91

Well, I’m going to have to get the Carbon RS, it’s got the lot!

centurybytwo
    Free Member

You probably would have seen by now that the Work’s colour is indeed the same Burnt Orange of previous years which looks amazing in my opinion. I collect my new Works on Saturday after pre-ordering in May. My first new bike in 12 years so I thought I may as well make it a good one! New improved spec is welcome, especially 1×12 and carbon rims but it’s lost the Hope BB which is a bit of a shame. Still, a good excuse to fit a nice ceramic bearing upgrade!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘2017 Whyte bikes revealed’ is closed to new replies.