Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • 2017 Lyriks sold out… Wait for 2018 ones?
  • mbqwerty
    Free Member

Checking on CRC this morning and looks like the solo-air boost 29er Lyriks have just sold out, with no more coming in until the end of June. Problem is… got a new Starling frame coming this month and the impatient chimp inside wants to go ride!

Also, it looks like rockshox aren’t telling bloody anyone when the new 2018 Lyriks are coming out so I’m in the dark!

Is it going to be worth having a bit of patience and waiting for the new stuff, or just head elsewhere? (Or secret option C: get some used Yaris or something temporarily…)

It’s all well and good them releasing these flash press releases, but how about actual release dates in shops, Jerks!

chakaping
    Free Member

Just give the Starling to me. Problem solved.

Or yeah, get something temporary.

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Just give the Starling to me.

Haha secret option D! I hadn’t considered that. I’ll add it to the list, although I’m not gunna lie… it’s not high up on the list 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Disappointing.

Will you at least post some pictures when you get it?

kimbers

rode round the Enduro champs with mr Starling on his marron & gold starling it did look lovely

mbqwerty
    Free Member

marron & gold starling

Ah nice! Yeah I had a bounce around the carpark on that thing. Man that’s slack! Bit slack for my tastes but I’m not going to be a million miles off with mine.

Yeah I’ll get some pics up I’m sure – although it could be a while if I’m waiting for forks!

RickDraper
    Free Member

Looks like some Lyrik models will be in the distributors early June.

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Looks like some Lyrik models will be in the distributors early June.

I could be patient for that long at least.. Where’ve you heard that? Can’t find any info anywhere on it!

mboy
    Free Member

Had Lyrik’s, now replaced with the new MRP Ribbon.

The MRP is night and day the better fork. It sits much higher in its travel, the adjusters are all very useful (same can’t be said for a standard RockShox fork!), it’s a bit more fiddly to setup but the payoff is significantly better performance IMO.

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Had Lyrik’s, now replaced with the new MRP Ribbon

Just emailed you about your lyriks actually haha. May have got a race entry for Dyfi too so may need a bike sooner rather than later if I want to race it!

mboy
    Free Member

Mailed you back…

Where are you based? Feel free to come and give my Ribbon a go by all means…

core

mbqwerty

Ah nice! Yeah I had a bounce around the carpark on that thing. Man that’s slack! Bit slack for my tastes but I’m not going to be a million miles off with mine.

I watched a live stream Q&A Joe did on facebook (from a week or two ago) on FB last night, he said the same himself, think it’s 62.5°, but he’d go a bit steeper.

Interestingly, his ‘beady little eye’ single speed full susser is only 90mm rear travel and 110m front, with a 76° head angle, he reckons it’s bags of fun, the one he rides most, and the ideal bike to mess around in the woods on. The super long, low, slack thing he suggests is more for serious racers/people who are just focussed on going downhill as fast as possible.

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Ha yeah I was one of the people asking questions on that live stream! Would love a beady little eye for singlespeed UK, although I’d be wanting a remote lockout for that shock on the climbs!

Where are you based? Feel free to come and give my Ribbon a go by all means…

May take you up on that! I’m just outside Coventry in the midlands.

everyone
    Free Member

You know my opinions on this! Get a fox 😉

mbqwerty
    Free Member

You know my opinions on this! Get a fox

You’re persistent! And clearly richer than I! Would love some 36’s but they end up being a LOT more expensive!

Tracey

Got the 29er Lyrik boost and the Ohlins RXF 36. The Lyriks are good but the Ohlins feel alot plusher and easier to set up. Think a couple of the 1st place spots at the Nationals at the weekend were running Ohlins

tmb467
    Free Member

Pick up a s/h fox 36 and give em to Mojo

Lucky enough to have a Starling and to have been able to do the above – still cheaper than new Lyriks

Stevet1
    Free Member

a 76° head angle

wut?

Northwind

mbqwerty – Member

Would love some 36’s but they end up being a LOT more expensive!

My used 36s were barely cheaper than a brand new Rockshox. But you know what? They’re ****ing awesome. Never ridden a better air-sprung fork (including the Ohlins and the old BOS) and they’re not that far off my old coil Lyriks. Very hard to really justify the price but I think if I’d gone with a Lyrik there’s a fair chance I’d be spending money on aftermarket parts to improve it, with the 36s I’ve never considered that.

core

@Stevet1 – 67°. Typing mistake.

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Will you at least post some pictures when you get it?

Resurecting this post for some pictures as promised! It’s got my old external reverb routed across the top tube at the minute as my brand new one died out the box so it’s going back! Lucky I kept hold of my old one really.

chakaping
    Free Member

Lovely, but I still think you should give it to me.

Can’t make out what the fork is – a Yari?

mbqwerty
    Free Member

It is yeah. Waiting for the new Lyriks to come out via CRC to get British Cycling discoutn – in the meantime – these will work out swimmingly. Plus – If (when) I crash like a muppet I’m less likely to cry if I scrape the lowers.

Already went down twice within the first 10 minutes of a ride. Turns out you have to weight the front way more on long bikes. Who knew! (everyone apparently… but me!)

chakaping
    Free Member

I had the same thing when I got my old Process 111 – first steep bit and I put my weight back like normal, which made me wash out as the front wheel couldn’t grip.

How does it pedal?

renton
    Free Member

Oof that’s a lovely looking bike !!

mbqwerty
    Free Member

Cheers guys! Actually pedals pretty well to be fair. It was my understanding that single pivots were meant to bob and suck up all your speed, but looking down at the shock, even in the middle ‘trail’ mode and it doesn’t bob that much. Out the saddle hooning and it does a bit up the climbs, but I think most do to be fair.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘2017 Lyriks sold out… Wait for 2018 ones?’ is closed to new replies.