Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2015 Superenduro ain't happening…
  • Dave
    Free Member

Has the decision by British Cycling to not support enduro as a race format started to have repercussions for other national series? In surprising news we’ve just found out that the Italian Superenduro series has been put on hold for 2015. That’s a bit of a shock from one of the hotbeds of enduro race development.

2015 – Time Check For Superenduro

kimbers

insurance probs 😉

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Wow that is a bit of a shock.

andyrm
    Free Member

Really bad news for the discipline.

Having been out to race a good number of SE races over the last few years, I can definitely say they are the best organised races and most incredible tracks & locations I’ve ever seen.

Hope they get it all sorted.

Worrying that BC seem to have started a wave of uncertainty. Glad I never renewed my membership.

scottfitz
    Free Member

wow

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Definitely because the organisers haven’t got their own ‘preferred insurer’ for compulsory competitor PI 🙂

BoardinBob

This just feels like regulatory bodies like BC trying to stifle a massively popular area of cycling that they can’t exert total control over. 😥

wrecker
    Free Member

What does this mean for EWS?
    Last year, two of the events were superenduro.
    Any comments from Tweedlove and/or the french as yet?

BoardinBob

2015 however Superenduro will keep moving. It will take care of the organization of the EWS round of Finale Ligure and will stand for the Italian representative of EWS

br
    Free Member

The Press Release kinda reads that the organisers are needing a break (or more budget/staff to do the work instead) and/or they are concerned that they’ll invest a load of their own money and then be shafted by the Italian Cycling Management.

Dave
    Free Member

Story updated now…

Northwind

Does sound like there’s a lot of things going into the decision, Enrique’s been hugely involved in the EWS so that must have put an extra strain on (and he’s often said that he’s seen things on the world stage that make him want to go home and change superenduro). If they got to the point of either staying in a rut, or taking a year out and returning better, then it’s probably for the good in the long run. But it’s a shame for this year.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2015 Superenduro ain't happening…’ is closed to new replies.