• This topic has 13 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by LAT.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 2013 Reverb – does your one sound 'dry'?
  • DickBarton

Got a warranty replacement on my 2011 Reverb with a 2013 model…looks very similar and seems to work the same…saying that, when I hit the button to return the post to height it sounds incredibly ‘dry’…like the insides are needing lubed. From memory I don’t recall the previous unit making this sort of noise (in fact it was silent)…it seems to be working but this noise is a bit disconcerting…anyone else experience it?

andymc06
    Free Member

Mine’s the same. Just upgraded to a 2013 when Wiggle had them cheap. Seems to need lubing some how, as you said. Feels smooth in action, just doesn’t sound it. Works flawlessly though…..for now!

DickBarton

aye, works very well…just not sounding it. something I can live with.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

My 2013 Rever sounds exactly like that, while the 2011/2012 (I can’t remember which year) on the hardtail makes no noise*.

*it has got some scoring on the stanchion, though, which can’t be good. Considering what I’ve heard about the price of a new stanchion and service, I might as well run it into the ground.

jonnyv
    Free Member

Fork Juice is rather excellent on the reverbs.

robhughes
    Free Member

Same here.Sounds blood awful.like grinding metal.
    Lubing the stanchion makes no difference as it sounds internal.
    Loco to the forum please… 😉

mrelectric

I had one one my 2011 Canyon and a warranty 11 or 12. Is the hive saying problems remain??

the_lecht_rocks

same here !

andymc06
    Free Member

My 2011 ran fault free for 18 months. I’m hoping this is the same. At least I have a fresh warranty on the new one.

robhughes
    Free Member

Any ideas on this one yet..

beanieripper
    Free Member

mine is new, 2013, doesn’t sound dry, more like a soppy **** than dry…are you rubbing yours before use?

beanieripper
    Free Member

sorry meant ****t

robhughes
    Free Member

What do you mean by rubbing.?
    The dry sound is internal.

LAT

It was a masturbation reference made in lieu of a sense of humour. That said, I have no sense of humour, so found it funny.

I have a 2012 that is smooth. i also have a 2013 that seems less controlled, is clunky and sounds dry on the return. Much like my quips…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘2013 Reverb – does your one sound 'dry'?’ is closed to new replies.