Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 2011 avid x0 lever issue….. help please!
  • v12jat
    Free Member

hi, have got some avid x0 brakes, that are a bit problematic, but when working they are great! i have replaced the pads on the front brake this morning, they were feeling fine befor i did this.. but now since pushing the pistons back carefully and installing brand new pads and putting the wheel back on, the lever is coming all the way back to the bar? WTF is going on?!
    was it an air bubble that must have been near the piston? any suggestions? 8)

si69jc
    Free Member

Oh dear, avid problems.. probably got air in there! will need a bleed..

rhysw
    Free Member

Have you adjusted the pad contact dial ?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Elastic band round the lever and bar and leave to an hour.Or failing that re-bleed.

coatesy
    Free Member

Would I be correct in assuming you had the bike upside down? Avid factory bleeds are dire, air usually being left the reservoir will migrate into the pressurised part of the system if turned upside down.A thorough bleed is the long term solution.

v12jat
    Free Member

I had the bike on my stand, literally just moved pistons back, and put new pads in, didnt do nowt with the pad contact adjustment as i find it doesnt do much anyway! When i pressed the lever after this it just goes pretty much all the way to the bar. brakes work, but full lever travel is used as opposed to before when it was a light press, and full power…

Bloody avids….. 😆

I’ll try an elastic band on the lever, failing that i’ll have it bled!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘2011 avid x0 lever issue….. help please!’ is closed to new replies.