Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 2010 On One 456 Ti available to ore order on website
  • Deevass
    Free Member

oh bum, just when I thought I wouldn't spend anymore money on bikes this old beauty comes back to bite me on the a$$ 🙂

ando227
    Free Member

Its not as good looking as the old one, but it is cheaper…the rear triangle compliance is the only area which needed tweeked…the new front end doesn't look as beefy as the old one.

wwaswas

I do like that.

I'd have to give up a bike to get the frame, though and I'm not sure I'm prepared to commit that much.

Deevass
    Free Member

I loved the old one, sold it and regretted it ever since….. Although at the same time On One will be doing the 456 Carbon in White and some other colours, basically they are becoming a pick n mix for bike frames ha ha…. Have to say I'll probably pre order the new Ti, like the fact the seatube is a decent size now too!

poppa
    Free Member

Bigger seat tube = less compliant ride, non? That said, I much prefer the straight TT.

Very nice.

nedrapier

I guess with adjustable seatposts being more widely used, especially on bikes like this, a larger seattube gives more options. Don't know if that's the main reason, but it might have been a factor.

pedalhead
    Free Member

Even though they've tried to claim they not dissing Lynskey, they're really dissing Lynskey in the new write-up 🙂

Deevass
    Free Member

I think manufacturing with a bigger seatube to cater for the adjustable seatpost market probably is the main reason, I can't say whether a smaller seatube = more compliance personally but it appeals to those who want more seatpost choice I guess..

Deevass
    Free Member

and I was just about to order a Ragley mmmBop from CRC before I saw this…..although the mmmBop is only marginally heavier than the 456Ti….

poppa
    Free Member

Makes sense.

mcboo
    Free Member

I love mine. I feel violated that they have changed a thing on it, but at least mine says Made in Tennesee on it.

I'd buy another one…..

Farticus

… and I'll be selling my 2008 Ti456, sadly. Bought to be used properly, but then circumstances changed and it ended up as a Ti4569 commuter – a total waste. What little proper riding it did get was fun, mind.

DT78
    Free Member

Did I miss the bit where they said the price? Is it a grand?

Deevass
    Free Member

£799 is the current pre-order price, not bad when compared to the other Ti frames out there!!

Filthy
    Free Member

Must resist… although that does look competitively priced against Brant's Ragley Ti. Think I'd still prefer the Ragley but at that price it's hard to justify.

Deevass
    Free Member

Have to agree I like the Ragley too but OO come in good on price. I'm still thinking of picking up the mmmBop for now and sitting back to see how the new 456 Ti rates when released, I'm always wary about being the first in line for new gear…

Hadge
    Free Member

Looks very nice to me.

markenduro
    Free Member

Looks good and addresses the problem with the rear brake side dropout falling off like my first one did whilst JRA. Brilliant bike though and would buy another.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

poppa – Member
    Bigger seat tube = less compliant ride, non?

not so – the top tube design impacts on compliance a lot more

poppa
    Free Member

not so – the top tube design impacts on compliance a lot more

If you say so, but I think seatpost stiffness is also quite important. After all, it's effectively not braced/supported and is the direct contact point for yer bum. A flexy one can be quite noticable.

Obviously won't affect anything 'out of the saddle' though.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘2010 On One 456 Ti available to ore order on website’ is closed to new replies.