Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2009 fox 36 talas
  • doris
    Free Member

Good morning,

Does anyone on here have any experience with the latest talas 36 fork? i have had a test on a 08 float which felt much nicer than any previous talas so was going to get a set of those BUT, apparantly the 09 Talas has the same amount of seals as the floats now so that there is alot less stiction than before which in theory means they could feel as good as the float.

Anybody have any real world experience on an 09 pair?

cheers

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

only ridden the floats on a demo day, very very good!

Dirt’s oppinion was they couldn’t see the point in the TALAS 36, resoning that you should be more woried about making it to the landing of that 30ft stepdown than a few seconds on the climb and the TALAS still wasn’t quite as good as the float (which was now as good as the vanilla apparently).

cynic-al
    Free Member

PRoduct review in “seems more about gettign you stoked to buy the product than being impartial” shocker!!!

doris
    Free Member

I hadn’t seen the bikeradar review, cheers its the 36 i am after but i assume the same improvements apply as for the new 32.

i should add they are to replace a pike which keeps having problems so i will be running them at 130/140 for the most part which is where the talas comes in or i get a float and get them set to 130/140 as having them at 160 slackens the bike out a bit to much for normal riding.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

surely you’d be better with the 32’s then? Unless your problem with the pike was snapping/bending them having 130mm 36’s just seems overkill?

doris
    Free Member

surely you’d be better with the 32’s then? Unless your problem with the pike was snapping/bending them having 130mm 36’s just seems overkill?

the pike problem is the damper cartridge 4th one! so i am looking at alternatives i like the stiffness of the pike and the 36’s over the old 32 but havent ridden the new 15mm bolt thru 32’s. So in my head a 36 talas set at 130 will be as good as a pike, probably stiffer and a little bit lighter aswell and for more dh days wind it out to 160.

shepleg
    Free Member

the talas 3 system has less seals so less stiction however probably more than the float and weight. However my 09 van rc2’s are great and only a little heavier…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2009 fox 36 talas’ is closed to new replies.