Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2008/9 Fox 32 Talas Forks – Wont return to full travel?
  • GSuperstar
    Free Member

The forks sometimes refuse to go back to there full travel and sit fully bottomed out, getting the weight off them then lets them release again to full travel. The pressure is correct in them so will they need just a seal change or a dust wipe change?

If so what kit is it I need to buy?

Thanks

strike
    Free Member

Sounds like a leak in one of the TALAS spring air seals, and an off-the-shelf kit can’t be purchased to fix it.

You need to establish if it’s TALAS 2 or 3. 2 was a bad design and they always self-destruct in the end. Mojo do not carry any spares for TALAS 2 now, so you’d have to send the fork back to the for a service and likely they’ll replace the system with (superior) TALAS 3 at a very favourable price!

If it’s TALAS 3 then I think you can buy seal kits from Mojo, and you can follow instructions on the Fox site to fix it yourself.

hopkinsgm

I had a set of these that did something similar a couple of years ago – sent them to TFTuned for a service and they came back working properly for the cost of a regular service.

GSuperstar
    Free Member

Hmm well that sounds expensive 🙂

Thanks for the heads up.

LoCo
    Free Member

Service time I’m afraid sounds like a seal has ‘gone’ in the Talas unit.

wisepranker
    Free Member

You need to establish if it’s TALAS 2 or 3. 2 was a bad design and they always self-destruct in the end. Mojo do not carry any spares for TALAS 2 now, so you’d have to send the fork back to the for a service and likely they’ll replace the system with (superior) TALAS 3 at a very favourable price!

If it’s TALAS 3 then I think you can buy seal kits from Mojo, and you can follow instructions on the Fox site to fix it yourself.

How do you establish if your forks are TALAS 2 or 3?

LoCo
    Free Member

Talas 3 has a large blue adjuster and the air cap rises and falls as you change the travel, Talas 2 has a smaller blue cap and a little lever that hang over the edge of the top cap.

wiganpie
    Free Member

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2008/9 Fox 32 Talas Forks – Wont return to full travel?’ is closed to new replies.