Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 1X11 M8000 – 32T Chainring Vitus Sentier VRX 2017
  • kgb65
    Free Member

As i only use bike on flat trail, road with few hills i find
    i need more speed. What is the best chain ring to replace 32t shimano xt
    on Vitus Sentier VRX please. Help gratefully appreciated.

bigwill
    Free Member

Put a 36t on if the bike takes it, most do, but worth a check. There are loads of aftermarket makes for the m8000, which is 96bcd, uberbike component do one I think, I think they also do a boost or non boost version depending on your rear end. Others are wolftooth and one up, or absolute black if you fancy a flash oval job.

MoreCashThanDash

Following this with interest.

I spin out trying to keep up with mates with a 32 tooth, so I was thinking about stepping up to 34, but was wondering about a 36t oval instead.

LittleMissMC could inherit the 32t ring, if she rode a bit more her 30t would be redundant

bigwill
    Free Member

An oval won’t give you less spin out at speed it just helps remove some of the dead spot in the pedal stroke, mainly when climbing.

The only other option is to change cassette and go to a Sram 10-42 or similar or even an e13 9-42. Both would require an Xd driver body on the hub. That drop of 1 or 2 teeth does make a difference, but after personal experience I question the longevity of the e13 cassette.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Stick with the Shimano one, I find them really good and they last forever.

Personally I don’t get this spinning out on a 32t, on a 29er 32/11 at 90rpm is 22.5mph and 100rpm it’s 25mph.

andytherocketeer

Some of us go faster than 30, and still expect the pedals to have a useful purpose. 35mph = 150rpm, which is officially ragging it.
    I use absolute black 32 oval, and spin out well before top speed. That’s why I use 3×9 on the other bike. No idea it that (or 34, 36) would fit the bike in the OP though.

hodgynd
    Free Member

I’ve been using a Works Components RF Cinch 32t Oval on my 1×11 Whyte T130 RS for the last 6 months ..and it works brilliantly ..
    Liked the idea of supporting a small British company and at half the cost of Absolute Black ..why pay more ..
    Also happy to dispense advice where needed on the phone ..
    http://www.workscomponents.co.uk/works-components-32t-oval-narrow-wide-chainring—104bcd-fitment-870-p.asp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘1X11 M8000 – 32T Chainring Vitus Sentier VRX 2017’ is closed to new replies.