• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Tim.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 160mm forks on a Dialled PA?
  • balfa
    Free Member

Anyone running a pair of 36s or similar on their prince albert?

Would a Mk1 handle them or is it a easy way to loose some teeth?

My old 2004 Z1s are pretty knackered and have a hankering for a bigger fork up front. The Z1s are from the generation of Zocchis with fairly long A2C anyway so thought it might not actually make much of a difference.

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

email mike at dialled, he seems to be always at work and responds quickly

I've never seen larger than a 140 on a PA … but then I haven't seen many of them

midlifecrashes

If you use anything less, the headtube shears off in disgust.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

I was running 150mm 66RCs (2005 model with 575mm A to C length) on a mk2 PA. They would be about 20mm longer than modern 160mm forks.

It was a bit of a chopper uphill but was SO good downhill. A modern 160mm fork with a more sensible A to C length should be fine in terms of handling (assuming you like slack angled bikes).

It'll want to lift the front wheel on steep climbs but would be a lot of fun going down

Yetiman
    Free Member

Here's mine with my Fox 36's fitted. Sorry, it's not a great pic. The PA was never built or tested with 160mm forks in mind and I prefer my 145mm Nixons but it felt surprisingly good on all but the steepest climbs where the front would wander slightly but not overly so. Going downhill I felt that the forks overwhelmed the frame a bit especially when the going got really rough. At one point I was tempted to fit Lyriks so I had the option of winding them down but I'm happy with the set up for now. I've just bought some 36 Floats for my other bike but they may end up on PA set at 150mm.

balfa
    Free Member

Thanks Yetiman. On further digging I think my z1s A2C is about 518mm and a 36 at 160mm is 545mm. I'd considered picking up a pair of older 150mm 36s to reduce the A2C difference to 17mm. Doesn't sound like much but hard to gauge reality of it.

Tim
    Free Member

coil u-turn lyriks?

adjust to suit then 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘160mm forks on a Dialled PA?’ is closed to new replies.