Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 150mm dual position fork – Revs or Pikes?
  • campfreddie
    Free Member

planning to swap out my Fox 32 Talas 140-110mm forks on my Titus FTM Carbon for some 150mm forks (so i can slacken the headtube angle).

I’m going to go down the Rockshox route, so am looking at the latest RS Rev 150mm RCT3 DPC jobbies which i can get for about £420 from bike24.com.

For about £100 more, I can get the same, but in Pikes.

are they worth the difference at 150mm travel?

rickon
    Free Member

Yes.

I’ve had 150mm Revs and 150mm Pikes.

The Pikes track incredibly well, feel bottomless, and have amazing mid stoke support (I keep saying that sentence, but it’s true).

If you got the Revs, you’d be very pleased still. Unless you rode the Pikes, then you’d know what you’re missing.

If you ride at trail centres, or go up proper hills to hammer stuff, which you find the fork getting a bit tangled up in – e.g. it feels like the fork is twisting, or just doesn’t quite go where you wanted it to…. then get the Pike.

Do you find the Foxs flexy? If not, then the Revs are a big step up anyway, and the Pikes probably the same again.

nedrapier

What travel is the lower position on the Pikes? 120mm like the Revs?

AlexSimon

Someone said on another pike thread (or was it the AM bike thread) they weighed their revs against pikes and it was about 100g difference. If true that would make it a no-brainer.

anc
    Free Member

Can u get a 150 dual air pike in 150 for 26″? I thought it was 160 only.

davosaurusrex

What they said. I had 140mm 29er revs and was pretty happy with them until I tried pikes, night and day difference. I doubted the 100g weight difference so weighed them both, the pikes with uncut steerer weighed 120g more than the revs with crown race and star fangled nut which is close enough for me.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

pikes = best forks ever

campfreddie
    Free Member

i think you are right about 26er pikes not coming in 150 dpc guise, which is a bit bloody annoying.

150mm is where i want to go, but i reckon the ftm carbon would go up hills much better if i were able to knock the travel down to 120mm or so. this kinda pushes me back into the revs, unless anyone who has run a ftm at 150mm fixed can tell me that it is fine.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘150mm dual position fork – Revs or Pikes?’ is closed to new replies.