Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • £15 worth of firewood.
  • Four Land Rover & trailer loads. There’s about half as much again hidden behind in a second row.

It’s only Leylandii and I had to collect it from nearly 20 miles away, but I thought it was a good deal.

organic355
    Free Member

You have clearly conned somebody?

itstig

“only leylandii” Nothing wrong with it though it takes a while to season burns hot, though can be a tough one to split, good price.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Paging Mcmoonter, he’s got competition…

A guy I used to work with now runs the family timber business.
    They cleared a line of trees along the perimeter fence of a small industrial estate in Worcester.
    Stuff like this isn’t worth his time to take back to his yard, saw, split and season, then deliver, so he lets me have it for a nominal price.

joat

My advice would be to chop it up and split it, then leave it open to the weather for two or three wet months before putting it in a shed. It sounds wrong but it will wash the sticky sap off. You’ll thank me when your clothes aren’t covered in crap when you bring them in to burn next winter. And 15 quid, they saw you coming.

chewkw
    Free Member

Crikey … that’s plenty of wood. 😆

It’ll take me days to saw and split that lot. 😯
    I’ve got plenty of wood already under that green sheet in the background.
    It’ll be years before I get around to burning this new stuff. It should have dried out by then.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Awesome find, make yourself a log splitter.

chewkw
    Free Member

Lucky bar-stewart … should be a good exercise splitting those logs. I rather do that than go running.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I was given some as a freebie, it was ok as fuel but it left resin spots on the stone slab under my fire.

timber

It all burns.

Fairly similar to Lawsons Cypress,(which we cleared quite a bit of), should split easier dry when it’ll also be about half the weight. If we have a summer, don’t cover it, it’ll sweat.

Lawsons is no good on open fires, as the burn holes behind the sofa on the other side of the room have proven. Lelandii is a bit more stable.

Squidlord
    Free Member

Spawny get! How much of that would you let me have for a fiver? (inc postage)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘£15 worth of firewood.’ is closed to new replies.