Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 1.5" headset cups
  • jimmy

I have a tapered Chris King headset which used to be in a yeti asr5 frame. I thought I’d fit it to a new Cotic Soul frame, but it didn’t fit – too big. I’d have thought these things were all the same size (haven’t seen them listed differently). I’m feeling dumb writing this like it was actually the right size, but from memory (few weeks back) it wasn’t just not squeezing in, it was way off.

A meringue?

jonnyrockymountain

Jimmy, headsets are a mine field? I always refer to hope’s website which shows all the various types

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Cotic designed 34/44 taper head tube for taper steerer forks

Though not 100% clear this always helps
    http://cdn.hopetechnology.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/HOPEHEADSETS2011Web.pdf

jimmy

Fairy muff, as long as I’m not going bonkers. If it doesn’t fit it doesn’t fit.

kelvin

Chris King have loads of information on their website about which cups you need for which kind of headtube. I know, because that’s where I went to find out which of their many, many, many different cups I needed for my Soul.

Soul uses an external cup for a 44mm headtube at the bottom: that’s the bottom cup from an InSet7 in King’s parlance.
    [ EC 44 ]

The top cup is from a standard 1 1/8th nothreadset in King’s parlance.
    [ EC 34 ]

You’ll find Hope are easier to get, and obviously less expensive…
    the bottom is a type H and the top a type 1

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘1.5" headset cups’ is closed to new replies.