Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • '13 RP23 wearing bushings = oversized eyelet?
  • Stevelol
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2013 RP23, over the years it’s started wearing out bushings faster and faster, sometimes it seems like the bushing has shifted in the eyelet too.

Is it possible that the eyelet has gotten a bit worn? The bushings don’t fall out and there no obvious sign of wear in the eyelet itself.

It’s going to tf this month for a service, vorsprung corset and new shock body, but I’m just curious if anyone had experienced this before?

Cheers

legend
    Free Member

Have you also changed the reducers? These wear out too but hopefully slow than the DU bush and faster than the eyelet!

Stevelol
    Free Member

Yeah it had a service last April and tf replaced them then, maybe they’re worn out again though? I thought they’d last a bit longer than a year, I only ride once/twice a week…

legend
    Free Member

Yeah usually their standard (heavy duty) reducers last an age. Could be that they’ve just worn a bit faster than expected I suppose. Are you using good quality DU bushes? Had cheap ones that develop play if you just look at them the wrong way

Stevelol
    Free Member

Yeah it’s the heavy duty hardware. Hmm the bushing they supplied didn’t seem to last long really, maybe 4 months, I usually buy igus polymer ones from eBay, I can’t remember buying ones from a proper seller like tf/jtech for a while, maybe that’s worth a try.

mrfrosty
    Free Member

I’d say the frame alingnment is possibly “on the piss”. Remove the shock from the bike, bolt it into rear swing arm/linkage and offer it up to the front mount. If any side loading of the shock is required to get it into front end mount this could be the cause of bush wear.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘'13 RP23 wearing bushings = oversized eyelet?’ is closed to new replies.