Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 12mm x 135mm Single Speed Rear Hub
  • simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Does this exist yet? Found a post from 2 years ago but nothing since.

honourablegeorge

Can you convert a Hope Pro 2 Singlespeed using their 12mm axle kit?

ratherbeintobago

Hope website suggests the spacers for QR and bolts are the same for the normal Pro II and SS, so one would assume the bolt through spacers will also work. Has anyone asked Hope?

Andy

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I tried to convert my Pro2 SS to 12mm, but on taking it apart realised the bearing spacing is different (SS is a wider hub body). So the axles don’t fit. So went for a 10mm bolt-in conversio instead as the SS axle is tapped for M10 bolts.
    Subsequntly, I’ve a spare 12mm conversion kit for sale…

messiah
    Free Member

Pinion Simon?

*drool*

ir_bandito
    Free Member

ooh, have you Simon? just been looking at those.

ratherbeintobago

I tried to convert my Pro2 SS to 12mm, but on taking it apart realised the bearing spacing is different (SS is a wider hub body)

I thought the Pro 2 Evo did away with the need to swap axles by using interchangeable end caps?

Andy

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Is that the same for the SS/trials? Which has its own axle anyway, so it doe
    nns’t matter..

ratherbeintobago

Apparently the Pro 2 SS Evo also has swappable end caps – as above the part numbers are the same for bolt on and QR though the 10mm/12mm through axle end caps only appear on the normal Pro 2 Evo page.

Andy

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I remain confused. Will ask Hope direct – didn’t know if anything else would come up.

Yes, thinking about what we’ll be fitting to Pinion equipped bikes. A few of customer orders in already and I’m pondering whether mine should be an AM or an AC. In theory we’ll be able to offer it with any of our frames though it may take a bit longer before that’s reality.

Simon

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Im sure Hope can knock out a few specials for you, especially if no-one else makes anything suitable.

What’s the cost of the pinion equipped beast? And what’s the weight, roughly?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Looks like the Hope hub would be perfect if it could be converted. Undished wheel, fast pick up, adjustable chainline.

Provisional price for the AM Pinion is £3150 including gearing, shifter, cranks and sprockets. Weight, roughly? That’s partly guesswork at the moment. My reckoning is maybe 500g over a Rohloff, maybe 1kg over conventional gearing. That’s a lot less than the weight penalty on the Nucleon bikes and the balance and handling should be superb. An undished rear wheel is a big plus hence looking for a more elegant solution than standard rear wheel.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Hope have confirmed the SS hub is QR or bolt only and don’t have capacity to do anything custom.

Hmm. Any more suggestions?

ratherbeintobago

If this thread is to be believed, tazzymtb has got BETD/Goldtec to make a one off, and potentially a batch of 135mm front hubs. Maybe they could help (they do make an SS rear hub already)?

Andy

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Simon-Industry nine do one i think

ratherbeintobago

Bumpity bump.

Any luck with this?

Andy

ratherbeintobago

Paul components have launched a 142x12mm SS hub which they say is an industry first. Is the Helius 135×12 or 142×12?

Would also be good for a SS Niner SIR build…

Andy

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘12mm x 135mm Single Speed Rear Hub’ is closed to new replies.