Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 120mm talas forks on a mk 1 29er scandal??
  • vondally
    Free Member

do-able or fatal to frame???

Fox 120 to 90 mm talas 29er forks are what my work friend has so will she be okay with this set up?

khani
    Free Member

If 120 is too much just run em at 90mm, Talas isn’t a lock down just for climbing, you can run em full time in the lower position no probs, the spring rate stays the same in both travel settings..

vondally
    Free Member

cheers khani I had suggested that as well but she would like the confidence (?) of 120 on the downs and drop for the ups….they are FIT with a threashold as well

mboy
    Free Member

Just responding to your email now but…

Frame is designed around an 80-100mm fork, but that said, is quite steep for what it is. I had a 29er Inbred (same geometry) and found that it was better with a 100mm fork than with an 80mm. Didn’t try it with anything longer, and don’t know whether or not it would void any warranty (if still applicable) but it’s not the slackest of frames to start with so she may be ok…

khani
    Free Member

She could try em and see, if they don’t feel ok in either setting the other option is to covert em to Floats and set em to 100mm, it’s not a huge expense and fairly easy to do.
    Edit, it’s reversible as well so you can have the Talas function back in future if you so desire..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘120mm talas forks on a mk 1 29er scandal??’ is closed to new replies.