• This topic has 62 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Andy.
Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • -6C in Fife – How cold is it where you are?
  • TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

-8 in Hyde! No snow though

dickie
    Free Member

Tadcaster, Sunday 9am, -9!!! On garage wall theomomitor so turn car ignition on to check & that said -9!!

-6 forecast for Leeds at Noon.

wrightyson
    Free Member

-8.8 in belper, derbyshire. More sledging later 😀

ebygomm
    Free Member

Met office observation station which is around a mile away is saying it’s -8 at the moment. Low of -9.2 overnight, brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

cynic-al
    Free Member

-2 here. +11 in my bedroom which is bad enough!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

-6 in Bristol, road ride cancelled.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

+32. Balad, Iraq

incognito
    Free Member

-3.5 here in Ipswich. postively toasty compared with some of those figures.

Hohum
    Free Member

Thankfully the snow came in last night made the temperature rise again here.

creaser
    Free Member

-12 here in Doncaster this morning at 6.30 went back toi bed no riding for me

markfu
    Free Member

You are having a pretty cold November by all accounts. I’m in Northern Germany just South of Hannover, it’s normally much colder over here in the Winter (Than the UK). We got down to -27 2 years ago at low levels, people skating on rivers and other such joviality. This year so far, and last Winter you seem to be having it just as bad. I think that you had more snow than us last year aswell. Mind you, it did stay on the deck for about 2 months last year.

iainc

went down to -10 overnight here in East Kilbride. now a tropical -1.5, but a dump of snow and coming down fast – about 6 inches now 😆 now riding but sledging with the kids shortly 😛

markfu
    Free Member

Forgot to add, it’s glorious sunshine here now, but about -5. Going out for a walk in the forest shortly. I’m far too hungover to go riding, i got destroyed on gluhwein mit rum at the Christmas makets last night.

plumber
    Free Member

Minus 8 last night – so I went for a bivvy – its was toasty all except for my nose

stuartie_c
    Free Member

McM,

Did you go riding today? Snowing hard in Dunfy today making riding pretty much impossible, unlike yesterday which was ace. Just about to go dig the car out.

Is there much snow in Kirkcaldy-sur-mer? I’ve got a meeting at 8am tomorrow morning which is beginning to look unlikely…

beinbhan

heavy snow all night in Perth plus thunder and lightning still going on now

_tom_
    Free Member

Google weather says -2 degrees C. Just off for a quick bridleway razz, about the only thing singlespeed is useful for off road 😛

mcmoonter
    Free Member

McM,

Did you go riding today?

Stuartie – I’m just back in. We had planned a memorial ride for Phil Williamson up in the Pentlands, but the Edinburgers had more snow than me. I went out anyway. It was blowing a gale and the snowflakes had some special eyeball seeking magnetism.

Found a great wee trail from Dunearn over to Aberdour. I rode along the coastal path to Kirkcaldy then back up over the Kinghorn Golf course and the Binn Common Road.

Top ride, the snow was rideable. I saw some other bike tracks going over the Common Road.

Snow in KDY? A bit, but you have to traverse the Col du Mossmorran to get there. That might be sketchy. Take an elephant.

hairyscary

Don’t think it is all that cold on the Moray Firth, a t-shirt would have been ok in this photo, but the wind is absolutely baltic.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Today was 26C

Tremendous!

NZCol

Yeah mid-20s yesterday, light southerly and clear skies. Hard to stay cool enough. sorry 😆

mtbmatt
    Free Member

-13 outside when we got back at about 7pm. God knows how cold it is outside now!
    We live in the sticks (Cilycwm, Mid-Wales-ish), and roads outside are totally snow packed.

Should make for an interesting commute!

Andy

-10 outside in Brough last night, and -5 inside the campervan. The water in the kettle and the dogs bowl inside the van froze 😯 . Toasty under the duvet though 8)

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘-6C in Fife – How cold is it where you are?’ is closed to new replies.