Just quick update for y’all about where we’re at…
- British Cycling are providing the race insurance.
- British Cycling are sending along a Race Commissaire.
- Ambassador Security will be looking after the car park from 5pm on the 3rd through to 5pm on the 5th. They will also assist with getting cars parked up etc.
- There will be ample camping available on site.
- There will be loads of toilets.
- There will be lots of fresh water.
- There will be a massive bonfire to congregate around on Saturday night.
- Unfortunately we can’t cater for motor homes or caravans on the site. Sorry!
- There will be “4×4 and trailer” uplift service for taking camping gear etc up to the event site.
- There will be lots of demo bikes around to try out throughout the course of the weekend.
- The “Classic Trials” segment is REALLY QUITE EASY AND NOTHING TO BE AFRAID OF! 🙂
Approximate Timetable (TBC)
9.00 – 18.00 On site signage, laying out of course markers etc
14.00 Campsite Opens
14.00 – 18.00 Practice and registration
09.00 – 10.30 Registration and Open practice for competitors
12noon – 14.00 Downhill (Group A)
12noon – 14.00 Classic Trials (Group B)
15:00 – 17:00 Downhill (Group B)
15:00 – 17:00 Classic Trials (Group A)
11.00 – 13.00 Cross Country
14.00 Prize Giving
NB: We are still umming and ahhing over catering. If you have any suggestions please email us or post a comment below.
Here are some examples of the trials sections (even Chipps can do them…well, most of them.)
And the downhill?
Posted on: May 19, 2009