Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 836 total)
  • Zwift Team Time Trial – Thursday evenings
  • djflexure

Can’t do this week – been cajoled into turning out for club earlier in the evening. Hope you have a good run out!

savoyad

Definitely space for you @benman

It’s one click entry now. If you don’t already have one you need an account, linked to your zwift id, on the WTRL website: https://www.wtrl.racing/registration.php

Then each week I post a link which enters you in the event and attaches you to the team.

Click here: https://www.wtrl.racing/RacePass/?id=eUJkM3VweWJhNTk3ZHB4aUtvSzFVUT09

benman
    Free Member

@savoyad I think thats worked… It’s showing up in my zwift companion as an event anyway

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    savoyad

Looking good.
    Signed up successfully: @benman, @yanboss, @slowpuncheur, @phil56, @robbo1234biking, @scaredypants
    Waiting on life: @paino – just press here if you make it https://www.wtrl.racing/RacePass/?id=eUJkM3VweWJhNTk3ZHB4aUtvSzFVUT09

1, maybe 2 spaces left. Latecomers, speak up in here (so I can keep track) and then hit the link.

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I’d jump in, but I’m waiting for the B team to rise once again!

It’s too quick for me at the mo, I struggle to hold 2.5 W/kg. (Unless it’s a Tuesday night race of course 😂)

haloric
    Free Member

I’d jump in, but I’m waiting for the B team to rise once again!

All hail the B’s !

It’s great that we ride as one team, but I am very aware that I am holding others back when I am struggling on the hills.

I prefer to go as hard as I can for as long as I can and then drop off to let the remainder leave it all on the road. I’m quite happy with that approach, but in general we always want to finish as a team, which puts me off joining, because I can see from the Tues night results just how quick some are, and I want them to have just as hard a workout as I’m having, so I’m conflicted !.

Last week being a flat course I could just about hold on with enough shouted encouragement, but on a hilly course I will be even more in the red.

I’m hoping that with the nights now drawn in, a bit of PR might get some of the 42 riders we had on Tuesday joining in for some casual TTT action.

Can’t make it tonight anyway – enjoy !

paino

I’m in, just signed up. Managed to cut a meeting down by 4 hours 😂.
    I’ll be preparing for tonight’s TTT by making a paella and drinking a pre ride Rioja or 2.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Good to see you pop up on here @Giggsmaster. I’m sure we are not too short of 2 teams now. 7 tonight so with a few more I think we could regularly see two teams of 4-7ish. FYI @savoyad personally, I’m happy to fall into either team and as a B Cat rider I guess that’s easy enough.

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Exactly @haloric! I’ve been working locally the last few week and have been itching to get my name down on the spreadsheet, but the pace will be too high for me at the mo.

@slowpuncheur
    , I need to get my fitness back up to a level I’m happy with and what better way to achieve this than with the pain of a TTT! You guys have improved drastically since I used to join up this time last year, the numbers you and robbo put out now are ridiculous, well done!

savoyad

Part of the fun is that it’s supposed to be accessible for everyone.

It’s too late now for this week, but I’ll work on it for next week: 2 teams, encourage enough people to sign up, make sure everyone feels comfortable in their team. It’s hard when numbers don’t quite add up, but I’m sensing now that they might not add up because of the pace issue. Let’s fix it.

benman
    Free Member

@savoyad is there still a discord channel for TTT? Same STW one as before?

savoyad

@benman yes same one as before.
    Here https://discord.gg/wxRrgqG9
    Voice channel TTT

phil56

Sorry about that guys – when I hit the ‘join event’ button Zwift froze on my PC. Nothing I did could get it going again, and by the time I’d managed to re start Zwift I just missed the cut off time.

Hope you had fun!

robbo1234biking

Well done all. Great effort tonight. The team that caught us just as we were hitting the first hill finished a minute back.

That’s a good course but the end is a bit boring. I liked the idea paino but at that stage trying to work out alphabetical order (first, second or forum name?!) wasn’t working 🤣

Maybe have that as a written down plan before we start if we get a similar course.

paino

Sorry to lose you early on Phil. As it happened I thought that was an awesome performance. None of the 7 abreast from last week! Every time I was at the front there was always a man or 2 passing to help out. Everyone took some solid turns at the front, and Scaredy had his climbing shoes on tonight!

@robbo1234biking
    …it wasn’t me. I was happy enough with the team effort as was. Still, worth trying for the last few km’s or so, although not sure it made much difference.

robbo1234biking

Who was it then?! I wasn’t paying attention to discord to see who was speaking

paino

Not sure, but an epic suggestion like that means you’re clearly not working hard enough…it was like Phil never left.

benman
    Free Member

Sorry that was my suggestion… Was just trying to gee us on for the last 5km…

savoyad

if you want an easy to see arbitrary order: discord order

scaredypants

Was a fair enough idea, benman, but I wasn’t up to it at that point unless I was doing 1 final stint and then dropping out (or unless you were all so knackered that 280W from me would actually get me on the front)

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

That was great. We didn’t get overtaken once then unless I forgot already? I like the route but that bloody tunnel drags a bit. I thought we were really well organised on the climbs and tight on the flats and descents. I must admit, I didn’t have much left for a 20 sec turn near the end but a strong finish all round.

paino

if you want an easy to see arbitrary order: discord order

Thought of that, then I wondered if everyone has the same discord order, bearing in mind different operating devices etc. Would be comedy watching it if it wasn’t!

savoyad

I have entered 2 teams for next week. We’ll probably run one as frappe (As and Bs) and the other as latte (mainly Bs and Cs, Ds very welcome)

The spreadsheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

Declare your availability and I’ll sort you into teams next week. Feel free to express a team preference in the comments.

It’s Greatest London Loop this week. 26km around London, mainly flat, but also Leith Hill.

Let’s try and encourage 2 teams worth of riders to sign up. No pressure though, and whatever happens I’ll enter two teams again for the next couple of weeks to give it time to settle.

scaredypants

That was great. We didn’t get overtaken once then unless I forgot already?

Nope, you’re right. Team came within about 2 seconds of us but we held them off up 1st hill and never saw them again. Remarkable, given who you were climbing with 🦥

savoyad

Let’s see if we can assemble two teams. No-one should be hesitating in case it’s too fast.

Sign up here (just add your name if necessary): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

This week: Greatest London Loop, 26km, one climb.

Any questions, just ask.

robbo1234biking

I dont know if I can ride at the moment. Having new carpet fitted in the room my Zwift set up is on Thursday. So I need to pack everything up and move it to somewhere else. I will be fine if the carpet fitters are coming in the morning but at the moment I just have a day not a time.

retrorick

I have a real world ride option on Thursday evening. I’m as always hoping for a return to the B team at some point. Most likely next Thursday 🤔.

giggsmaster
    Free Member

I know I kicked up a fuss last week regarding 2 teams, but I’m having to work away from Wednesday to Friday, so that counts me out!

I am definitely at home next week, so if there is a B team, I will put my name down for that one, cheers @savoyad

savoyad

It’s looking good for 1 team, less likely for 2.

Any more takers? All welcome. Sign up here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E_0I0hulOaE2y34RpjckVCoT2Jks16vypeZ98L_LUw8/edit?usp=sharing

I will confirm the team(s) and start delay(s) later.

mahowlett
    Free Member

I’ve signed up if that’s ok?, happy to ride in whatever team

savoyad

Of course it’s OK @mahowlett. That’s great news.

savoyad

Looks like just one team.

Riding as STW. Start delay is 7 minutes. So in the pen by 19:43 and off at 19:50

Confirmed riders are @phil56, @slowpuncheur, @haloric and @mahowlett
    Plus “maybe” @robbo1234biking and @paul-s

Racepass entry click here: https://www.wtrl.racing/RacePass/?id=T3Y5Z3E0RVJjdjUwZ3huVEZiZ0ZUUT09
    (it’s one click now, but you need a WTRL profile linked to your zwift account: https://www.wtrl.racing/registration.php ).

Still space for more (any takers @yanboss, @scaredypants, @zilog6128, @karnali, @djflexure, @dangeourbrain, @kirky72, @scaled, @benman …) – post in here to keep track of numbers and then just click the racepass to join in.

Paul-S
    Free Member

Only Maybe – I came down with a sore throat and snots-ville today, so tomorrow I may be either in bed all day, or completly fine, we’ll have to wait to tomorrow to find out

P

robbo1234biking

I am in. Carpet man cancelled at 5 pm tonight. Luckily about 30 mins before I planned to rip up the old carpet! On the plus side I can go out and pick up my new bike tomorrow!

scaredypants

Sorry, can’t ride this week. WHat a shame; I was really looking forward to Leith Hill 🤢

robbo1234biking

So what is the plan for tonight?

It includes Leith hill which in reality is a 6km climb. My best time up the full 6km is a 16 mins at 298w so pretty much threshold (3.3 w/kg). We will need to pace properly to make it up as a team and go over the top together. Normally climbs are a lot smaller so we need to take this into account.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

From the top of Leith there’s over 7km downhill to the finish so I think it’s important we get to the summit as one group. If there’s only 5 of us, that makes it crucial in my opinion.

haloric
    Free Member

I plan to hold on until I can think of an excuse that is convincing enough to land.

If I say that I’m going outside and I may be some time, thats a code.

I don’t know what my best time is up there, but I’m sure it will be slower than yours.

Hills, urgh.

savoyad

All 5 confirmed riders are signed up OK.
    Reinforcements still welcome!

robbo1234biking

@haloric – we need to ride to your pace on the climb (guessing about 3.0 w/kg?) and keep you sheltered through London. I dont think trying to drag you up is going to work here as the climb is so long and going to hard and slowing when we have burnt you out is going to be slower than set a nice tempo up the climb.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 836 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.