• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,921 through 2,960 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m not in this week but there are always others! I’m sure Robbo will send you an invite.

Don’t overdo it, we need you right for Tuesday!

weeksy

Don’t overdo it, we need you right for Tuesday!

Don’t worry, unless i wake up feeling good, i’ll be staying off.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Righty – invites sent for Sunday not very hilly, London pretzel at 8.30am.

I can’t see far enough back for my old invite list so I’ve just spammed all of you.

oopnorth
    Free Member

It’s a good Route that one, 32km of flat lead in before you hit the Fox and box hills, pity I can’t make it.

stumpy01

thanks for the invite dangeourbrain, but I’m taking my daughter swimming on Sun morning so won’t be able to make it…

phil56

apologies – I won’t make the 11 ride.
    I’m doing an early ride as I have the grandkids coming later

neilarn2

Thanks for the invite but I’m having connection issues so going to try my lap top tomorrow to make sure all good for Tuesday.

anybody had problems with dropping out since upgrading to iOS 14 on an I pad  3 times it’s dropped out after about an hour including last Tuesday , thought it might have been the steroz device but didn’t use it this morning to check and it still dropped out using Bluetooth.

Neil

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sorry robbo, not going to make it – enjoy your workout!

robbo1234biking

No worries Brian and Phil.

@weeksy
    – are you still going to make it? Cheers

swavis

I’m going to try and make it, it’s been a while…

robbo1234biking

Well that is a lonely Surrey Hills done and dusted. Ticked of 2 off the ZA workouts though to get 3 in total and unlock the nice blue cap! Did SS/Threshold blocks on the 5 climbs and then gentle spinning to recover on the downhills/flats.

That just leaves Pretzel, Mega Pretzel, Uber Pretzel and Four Horseman. Struggling to get much enthusiasm to finish those routes of to be honest! Pretzel wont be too bad I guess. Maybe attempt that for next Sunday’s hills? Should be a little bit over 2 hours.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Could someone (@dangeourbrain?) Send me an invite for tomorrow morning. Its the weather for it! Ta

Nick

I should be there in the morning, bringing up the rear. Absolutely no need to wait for me if I can’t keep up.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Cheers for coming out this morning folks

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@slowpuncheur sorry just spotted that – if you’re following me you should have had one – you may even have been on the ride this morning if I’m right about your zwift name!

swavis

Cheers for organising, I’d have never done that solo, I’d have got bored and climbed off lol

oopnorth
    Free Member

Hope it was a good one this morning guys…its a nice route.

@robbo1234biking
    you have exactly the same ones as me to do, like you they probably ain’t gonna get done anytime soon, apart from the Pretzel which is definitely achievable.

I also have a couple of New York ones to do too if I can ever generate the passion….I really don’t like new York and they all involve that glass hill…

I’m up for Pretzel next week.

Also jumping on the ZA group ride at 2pm if anyone is interested

forge197
    Free Member

Thanks all good ride out this morning found it tougher than it should have been, think I need a couple proper rest days. Which Pretzel next week were you thinking oopnorth?

robbo1234biking

https://zwiftinsider.com/route/the-pretzel/

This is the one forge. I can’t do next Sunday though (visiting the in-laws) so would have to be Saturday hills for me if anyone is free on Saturday instead.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m fine saturday Robbo.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

@dangeourbrain. Didn’t get on this morning. I’m P Tunstall on Zwift. If you can follow me, I’ll do the same. I’m up for the Pretzel next week 🙂

robbo1234biking

What time works for people? 7.30, 8 or 8.30?

I will send out an invite.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Probably 8am for me…hard to do the ungodly hours on a weekend 😉

robbo1234biking

I have sent out an 8 am invite and invited people I can remember doing the weekend rides but I have so many stw people now after the race series I have prob missed someone off. So if you would like an invite let me know.

Late join should be available so you can join in later if you want as well!

crust
    Free Member

Sorry, can’t make this weeks Tues race.

Working evening shift 🙁

mrhoppy

@robbo1234biking Cheers for the invite but I’m off to Dyfi bike park on Saturday. IRL riding on the big bike, weired I know but sometimes it needs doing.

crust
    Free Member

Big thanks to Weeksy and Scaredy for pacing me on the crit city race.

Top team delivered me to a WIN!!!

Perfect pacing, just inside the cut off, Result.

Did I mention – WIN!!!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Nice Crust! Well done

I should have joined that crit just to try one out but ended up on the Academy group ride…which got very tasty!

forge197
    Free Member

Thanks for the route link, Saturday is fine with me as is 8am, will we be having a break in the middle or going for it non-stop? Hopefully I will get a bit more pacey and feel a bit fitter next week.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Bring a picnic Forge, we can stop on top of the radio tower 😉

robbo1234biking

I wasn’t planning on a stop. Should be enough time descending for a bit of a rest. I think the worse bit will be the flat middle section with the two short climbs!

forge197
    Free Member

Ok cool I shall plan accordingly, I’ll make sure I have a picnic for the top of the tower 😂😂

robbo1234biking

Who is bringing the pork pies?

Guessing DrP will bring the frozen sausages.

DrP

Deffo…
    I’ll keep them in a safe place till ‘time…

Will stay as long as I can… daughter has ballet sat, but can’t remember the time..

DrP

mrhoppy

Now the racing is over I’ve set up a social ride for Tuesday evening to give Robbo a couple of weeks off. Fan flats for an hour, riding as a blob with sprints each lap.

I’ve invited all my STW flagged followers but if anyone else wants in then just shout up.

weeksy

Good man, top job.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Just a reminder that some of us are doing the Watopia Pretzel badge tomorrow morning at 8am. Sunday hills is Saturday hills this week.

If anyone wants to join, let us know and we will get an invite out.

See you in the morning for some hills!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ll be joining you on the line but other commitments mean I’m unlikely to finish the course, I’ll take a view at about 30k or the bottom of the epic, which ever comes first, and might be rude and just put my head down and push on if I think I’ll be done by a time likely to lead only a slightly annoyed Mrs brain, or I’ll ditch at some point more conducive to a “happy” wife.

DrP

I’m similar…will be there, but gotta get my Bubba to ballet for 0945..so will have to depart at 0920..

DrP

weeksy

Mrs Weeksy doesn’t care 🙂 Especially in covid times as it’s not like we’re going out for lunch or anything.

However, the plan for tomorrow is some Ridgeway with my boy.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,921 through 2,960 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM