Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Youtube Bike Build
  • spooky_b329

Thought this might be of interest, I’ve been watching this channel for a couple of months now. Some good content although the British guy (who moved to America) is probably not everyones cup of tea (madly enthusiastic and overly self confident!).

Instead of the usual forging of ‘one off’ tools and fixing power hammers and arranging his workshop, he is now building a steel hardtail, starting off with his geometry, and then building a jig.

I’m not up with the angles and geometry, knowing him, he will have done his research…is he going to make something rideable?

zezaskar
    Free Member

I’ve been following him for a while, being into blacksmithing and having spent some time at it a while ago.

Agree that he’s not everyone’s cup of tea with the hyperactive behaviour, myself had some trouble to start watching it due to it, but the proof is in the pudding and then you see the amount of preparation and work the guy puts into.

On the bike, he seemed to do a god amount of research prior, like he ordered a nice kit and used a staple source for frame builders, Paragon. But then some inexperience shows up, like the new and old school geometry mixed together and seating on a road/gravel bike to check cockpit dimensions.

Anyway, he’s not claiming to be a frame builder or that will become one, which I think it’s the correct mindset. He’ll likely restart the frame at some point during the build or make a new one after some rides, this I nearly bet

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Youtube Bike Build’ is closed to new replies.