Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Yodel..are they totally useless?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Never used them before but ordered a rather expensive group set from crc last night, and my heart sank when i saw they were the courier.

I ordered at 9pm, next day delivery which surprised me but was a bonus. Amazingly it got all way from the warehouse to Edinburgh depot by 9am this morning. So I waited in for my shiny new bits…all day..nothing. still showing as in the depot. Yet still due for delivery today!

Don’t really care about the delay tbh, as long as it arrives, but how can a package travel half way across the UK in 8 hrs, then take another 14 to get a mile down the road.

Is this normal, or can I expect to see some local torag riding round on his Carrara with my sram etap on it over the weekend, after yodel have left it behind one of the bins outside my house

convert

but how can a package travel half way across the UK in 8 hrs, then take another 14 to get a mile down the road.

I’d imagine the wagon that covers deliveries to your area leaves at 0830 or something once a day so getting to the depot at 0900 means it was too late.

Not convinced there are merits to any of them. Amazon delivery seem to be the least competent of the ones I get here.

frankconway

To answer your question directly – yes.

dannyh
    Free Member

In direct reply to the OP.

Yes, pretty much.

But they are cheap, cheap, cheap. They pay their staff the least they can get away with, many on zero hours contracts, and treat them like automatons. So we, the great british public will continue to use them.

kynasf
    Free Member

Get my beer shipped from Belgium via Yodel and not had an issue. They even deliver within their 2 hour window.

jk1980
    Free Member

Yep they’re useless.

I’m staggered that CRC have started using them. Paid extra for next day delivery from CRC to a business address (that closes at 6pm). Unfortunately found out at approx 5.10pm when tracking my order that the Yodel driver had 48 more deliveries before me!

Another reason I need to find an alternative to CRC…

Drac

Only once had an issue where they placed the parcel in the wheelie bin but luckily I got home before they were emptied.

They deliver on time and can be tracked virtually live to see when they are approaching.

onehundredthidiot

My regular yodel driver delivers large and/or heavy packages to my work. Even though it’s addressed to my home. Nice work always makes sure my stuff is safe.

richmars

Just experienced the joy of Yodel earlier this week with a parcel from Wiggle. Had an email saying it would arrive by 9pm. I was home at 6pm so started to track it. Initially showed the van at the next village to mine, each update was getting closer. Next it had been delivered and signed for! Not by me.

Quick email to Wiggle, responded 10 minutes later with a link to google maps showing where my parcel had been delivered, with a walking route showing me how to get there (very helpful!). Walked the 0.3 miles there, but no-one home so god knows who signed for the parcel.

Another email to Wiggle asking what they were going to do. No answer to that yet, but when I got home yesterday the parcel was outside, in full view of everyone.

I’ll be letting Wiggle know that I’ll be shopping elsewhere until they drop Yodel.

kerley
    Free Member

They pay their staff the least they can get away with, many on zero hours contracts, and treat them like automatons. So we, the great british public will continue to use them.

Do we? Is it clear that Yodel (or other shit companies) are going to be the courier when the order is made? I buy a fair amount from Wiggle and it always comes through Royal Mail (and I always select free delivery). If the next order I make ends up using Yodel how would I know that before I completed the purchase?

fivealive

I have had repeated conversations with Wiggle/CRC about using Yodal with my orders and have urged them to drop them, they don’t deliver when they say, and even worse they mark orders as ‘customer told them to hold’, I hadn’t even had a conversation with them! (Blatant lies and a very tense call with customer support). Totally useless compared to Hermes, DPD (Outstanding) and Royal Mail when all you want is not have to worry about deliveries.

sam_underhill

I reported shocking yodel behaviour to CRC last week. We need to feedback when it happens and hopefully they’ll stop using them. If they don’t, I’ll order from a different place.

baldiebenty
    Free Member

Had the joy of the “Yodel experience” the other day, they managed to deliver a garden planter the wife had ordered to a house around the corner from us.

They not only logged it as signed for despite just leaving it in the front garden under a window they put the delivery card through the door of the same house (our neighbour was out, we were in waiting for the delivery) they had driven past our house in a quiet cul-de-sac in order to deliver it to the wrong one.

The package was cleared labelled with the right number and we have 10 inch tall numbers on our gate post!

Before allowing you to submit a review Trustpilot (I think) insisted on you entering a package reference which the wife refused to do so they missed out on a particularly stellar review.

nickc

Yes, they are, same sort of story for me, watched my order being not delivered as they “Can’t access my property” !! call to the CRC help line who basically said you can collect it, or they can try again. Chose to collect. Made my feeling about Yodel well known. I won’t be using CRC wiggle until they drop Yodel

I wrote a shitagram to the CEO of Yodel. Which made me feel better, but probably won’t go anywhere haha

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

I think whether you get Yodel depends on when you order

I ordered something from Wiggle earlier this week, but paid for the next day guaranteed delivery, which arrived next day via Hermes

Most of the time for CRC and Wiggle stuff I order seems to be sent via Royal Mail

The only times I’ve had stuff sent Yodel is when I’ve ordered on a Saturday, then the order has been despatched on Sunday, when I guess Royal Mail don’t do collections

tpbiker
    Free Member

How done track where they are on route? Looks like the package is still in the depot this morning 25 hrs later. Expected Delivery date is still showing as yesterday.

copa
    Free Member

Stopped using Wiggle because of Yodel.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

From the other side of this, all carriers are a shower.

Today alone I’m chasing 5 missing dpd consignments, 2 tnt dispatches and 4x 6 metre long items with tuffnels, all lost without trace.

itlab
    Free Member

I’m sat in waiting for a crc delivery from yodal

It’s been sat in the depot since Wednesday night, Was due for delivery yesterday, still not here today and there live chat says there busy so might be saterday or maybe Monday. Great.

whitestone
    Free Member

The worst by a long way were City Link, fortunately now no longer with us.

Yodel haven’t been bad IME but the last delivery I had I was #120 out of 147 and the van had left the depot at 0630 and got to me at 1800. Since the driver had another 27 deliveries and then get back to Leeds (from the Skipton area) that’s going to be something like 14hrs or more driving. Surely a safety issue.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Never had an issue with them, nor any other courier – other than Amazon Prime & their service – maybe it’s just where we live or maybe we’re lucky with delivery drivers.

Last thing I ordered from CRC was delivered via Yodel, tracked it on the app and it turned up exactly when the app said it did.

nickc

maybe we’re lucky with delivery drivers.

I think this makes a huge difference. Some drivers really go out of their way to get stuff to you, others..not so much

tpbiker
    Free Member

It’s been sat in the depot since Wednesday night, Was due for delivery yesterday,

Same story here it appears. Now been sitting in depot for 30 hrs with no movement. Can’t contact the depot directly either.

Whilst crc have refunded my next day delivery fee it still leaves me without the package which I kinda want for the weekend. I’ll be writing a strongly worded email to crc asking why they offer next day delivery on items then use such an unreliable courier for the service. Maybe I’ll address it to the CEO…that’ll show them..😂

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

CRC use Yodel if the parcel is to heavy or big for Royal mail tracked so CRC don’t want to pay to much.

tomcrow99

I’ve got a bike that’s been sat in a depot since Monday. I got this message from them
    “We are experiencing high volume and overload in delivering parcels,which is causing delays. This parcel is in the depot and we will attempt to deliver soon.”

Grr….

tpbiker
    Free Member

I got the same response..Unforseen circumstances apparently. So I’m currently sitting in yodel reception as they are rooting around for it.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I’ve had a fair number of yodel deliveries recently, and a collection. It’s all gone well tbh. I guess my local guy is good.
    Sorry to hear of all these problems.

pacerc100
    Free Member

Absolutely useless when I get stuff delivered to my work. I work for a large motor dealer and despite the company name in six foot letters outside the showroom and about 100 cars of that particular marque on the forecourt and lets not mention all the flags and other brand related clues Yodel insist on delivering my parcels to a unit tucked round the back of the local lock and store place down the road. Then whatever you do don’t ring them. Despite actually being no help its some stupid premium rate rip off number. When they lost the forks I was waiting on from CRC I think 3 calls to their helpline was something like £28 which they wouldn’t refund even though they lost the damn things. Well I say lost they didn’t deliver them to me but they delivered them somewhere so in their logic it was delivered.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Haven’t had a problem with yodel since they were DropitHideitLoseit.

I think they became yodel didn’t they?

All the local couriers in peebles people seem to facebook and they pipe up and say cone round or will drop it off from what i can see.

I just get stuff delivered to work.

joshvegas
    Free Member

When they lost the forks I was waiting on from CRC I think 3 calls to their helpline was something like £28

Why?!

Until its in your hands its CRC you tell to sort it out?!

trustysteed

Presumably cost is the reason CRC and Wiggle dropped DPD in favour of Yodel and Herpes, but it makes me think twice about ordering from them now. Merlin Cycles, for example, use DPD for next day deliveries. Maybe we should start a list of bike shops known to use DPD?

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

I’ve stopped using CRC/Wiggle simply because they use Yodel.

Delivery company is an absolute pile of sh**e

tomaso
    Free Member

You know when you’ve been Yodelled.
    yodel

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

CRC use Yodel if the parcel is to heavy or big for Royal mail tracked so CRC don’t want to pay to much.

Fake news.

They use Yodel for collect+ deliveries regardless of size.

BenjiM

Where to start! We’ve stopped using Ebuyer due to 2 failed (paid for) next day deliveries which turned up a week later, and told them as much. The first delivery of a switch to get an office up and running wasn’t delivered as there was “no-one” in on a Monday at 1pm on a site with 90 people and a constant flow of delivery vehicles. Took a week to get that delivered, including chats with Yodel “Customer Service” who insisted that the parcel wasn’t lost although they couldn’t track it and Ebuyer eventually had to resend. I told Ebuyer Customer service that if this happens again we’ll close the account and they should seriously think about using another courier.

Cut to 2 weeks ago, again an order to get a project up and running and same shit. Paid for next day delivery, at 5pm the tracker is showing as due between 2.30pm and 4.30pm. I think running late give them the benefit of the doubt. Check tracking next day, says it’s been delivered. Checked all the usual places, nothing, contacted Yodel CS to find out who signed for it and had to jump through hoops to get a name (After having to give the name of who the parcel is for which was different to what it says on the invoice! Probably ebuyers fault to be fair). Ah no it’s not actually been delivered the driver scanned it as delivered by accident! Cue a weeks wait and more chasing. Both ebuyer CS and Yodel CS being a bloody shambles. Suffice to say I told ebuyer we won’t be using them anymore due to there use of Yodel. I’m sure it’ll fall on deaf ears.

Alex

I once got quite annoyed and wrote this (NSFW) blog https://pickled-hedgehog.com/?p=3768 which I sent to their customer services when being ‘asked for feedback’.

Lately tho with their ‘new’ tracking software they’ve been pretty good. I’ve had the random ‘circling the house in some kind of one van pincer movement’, but last 4 deliveries have been on time.

Hermes – who used to be awful – are also okay as it’s always the same person and she’s great. Still wheels from Germany via DPD still took less time than a riding top from wherever Wiggle dispatches from now.

tomaso
    Free Member

Wiggle CRC are in the Black Country in Bilston now, nice and central.

Kuco

Yodel seems alright for me, DPD is the useless **** I find. Failed to deliver a parcel yesterday and just got an email stating it will no be delivered today so I’ve got to arrange another delivery date. Useless ****.

Kuco

oop’s looks like I owe the DPD driver an apology as my parcel has just turned up. The driver said he hasn’t a clue why I was sent an email stating it would be undelivered.

vincienup
    Free Member

Probably depends on local drivers and centre. I think they still play the ‘self employed drivers’ game, cheating everyone but the people at the top? Locally, I don’t have any problems with couriers but RM can be a bit spotty.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Yodel..are they totally useless?’ is closed to new replies.