Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • X-Fusion Slant RL2 – Travel Adjust
  • kahunajb
    Free Member

I have a pair of the above forks which come set at 160mm travel however are internally adjustable to 140mm, 120mm and 100mm. The travel is adjusted by removing the pin to move the position of the puck to the desired height. I have taken the forks apart expecting there to be four holes each 20mm apart however the below is what I have found. There are actually five holes, the hole next to the one it is currently set at is 15mm apart and then the other four are 20mm apart.

Does anyone know which one I need to use to set it to 140mm?

kja78
    Free Member

I’d suggest the lowest setting is 80mm so the next one down from where it currently is would be 140mm. However, if you email this guy with your pic he wil give you a definitive answer. John Valera, X Fusion US service manager, jvalera@xfusionshox.com Really nice helpful bloke.

Scapegoat

The holes are, from nearest the spring, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160. See this vid, and scrub to 3m 45s

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

early Slants were done with the first hole 15mm down so that would set you at 145mm, subsequent holes are 20mm spacing. You can set them in 10mm increments using spacers instead of the pin. All the newer ones are at 20mm increments as you’d expect

Matt

Scapegoat

Matt

The spacers sound easier than using a pillar drill and arbour press if you want to take them to 150. Are they easy to come by, and while you’re on, is the damper tool easily available/reasonably priced?

kahunajb
    Free Member

Thanks all for the fast responses. These are the 2013 version so that explains why they appeared to have a 145mm setting and not 140mm as I was expecting.

Will look into the spacers.

kahunajb
    Free Member

Where can you get the spacers as can’t seem to find any?

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

We’ve got them in stock if you struggle to find elsewhere, you’ll have to phone or email though as we’ve not got them listed on the website – 18Bikes contact info

Matt

kahunajb
    Free Member

Thanks. I’m going to ring around the local shops this morning. Are they X-Fusion specific or do the Fox ones fit?

akak
    Free Member

I’d not heard of the spacers so thanks for that. It’s not under much force in that direction I think it could be bodged.

18BikesMatt
    Free Member

The ones we have are XFusion ones, never tried the Fox ones as we have the XFusion ones in stock, sorry

Matt

brant
    Free Member

I sort of screwed mine to a bit of wood, rested one side on another bit of wood, and smacked them out with a nail or something.

kahunajb
    Free Member

Thanks have ordered some spacers from you now Matt.

Scapegoat

@Brant! Top bodge!

How do you folks release the damper foot without the $45 tool?

akak
    Free Member

That isn’t on the damper side it’s the air side – just need a pin spanner to get it off. Unless you meant how to get the lowers off which is the same as any other fork i’ve used.

Scapegoat

Just unscrew the nut halfway and smack it?

kahunajb
    Free Member

I tried that. Alloy nut verses steel bolt didn’t end well for the alloy thread however have managed to salvage the nut. Just.

Ended up yanking the lowers to try and separate them from the stantions which they eventually did and smacked myself in the face with the lowers. I’d recommend getting the correct tool ideally.

akak
    Free Member

Yes just keep whacking harder until it releases.

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

rubber mallet or block of wood and swing away

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘X-Fusion Slant RL2 – Travel Adjust’ is closed to new replies.