Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Wish me luck…
  • cinnamon_girl

Back into hospital for a procedure cos shoulder isn’t fixed after op.

7 weeks with no biking and doesn’t look like I’ll be back on one anytime soon.

Life’s really rubbish sometimes. 😥

flyingmonkeycorps

Good luck.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Boo hiss

Good luck. You have to get on a train and come walking up north then CG if bikings not on

wheelie

Good luck. Try to be positive! 😀

RichPenny
    Free Member

Best of luck CG. Am in pretty much the same boat now with the back. Regular yoga is starting to help though 🙂

Keva
    Free Member

goo luck CG and I hope it goes well for you. I remember when I had to have a series of three operations my broken ankle. After the last one, an arthroscopy, I was signed off work for six weeks. Four weeks later I was walking around fine so I booked a cheap last minute deal to the Canaries. Paid holiday. My calf muscle is still keeping me from long bike rides, working up to 30milers this month, bonus is… I’ve discovered yoga is ace. Make a positive out of the negative 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Well presumably the procedure is to fix it? Which is a good thing 🙂

Hope it all goes Awesome!!!ly.

druidh
    Free Member

Wot TJ said.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

aww, bummer. Hope it goes well and it’s fixed this time 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

Best of luck C_G!

Karinofnine

Good luck! This has really dragged on hasn’t it? You must be sick of it, let’s hope this operation fixes you properly and that you’re back on your bike soon x

IanMunro
    Free Member

Fingers crossed!

cinnamon_girl

Thanks everyone. 8)

TJ – Scotland is on the agenda for next year! Rich and Kev – hope to see you guys some time this year!

Currently have frozen shoulder and needs to be manipulated under anaesthetic. Have been in pain for weeks and have become such a grumpy cah.

My mother is ill and I can’t visit, driving is very painful so can only do essential local journeys.

Bunnyhop

C_G – good luck with getting your shoulder sorted.

In the past I’ve suffered from a frozen shoulder, making working, riding, driving, skiing and other activities painful, so I understand what you’re going through, it took 18 months to get sorted.

Get up to Scotland sooner rather than later.

bunnyhop x

lowey

Chin up CG… healing vibes sent your way.

donsimon
    Free Member

Suerte!

hora
    Free Member

Get on a turbo-trainer, plan holidays, plan rides and comeback screaming down the lanes and trails like a rocket-propelled banshee

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Have been in pain for weeks and have become such a grumpy cah.

So what was the excuse before the pain then? 😉

Get well soon! 🙂

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Hope everything goes ok for you. In the same boat ( sort of ) as you as in had a knee op last Friday and no biking for a few weeks 😥 . Just my luck I have an op when the weather comes out nice 👿

binners

Good luck CG. Messiah-like, or at least dodgy american healer style vibes coming your way

It’ll all be worth it when you’ve got your bionic one fitted and you’ll be able to pick cars up and hurl them around like in Transformers 😀

racefaceec90

good luck c_g you’ll be back on your bike before you know it 😉 and i hope your mum gets well soon also 🙂

RustyMac

Best of luck getting your shoulder sorted C_G

Healing vibes.

Solo
    Free Member

GC.

I’m sorry to learn of this.

Like others here, I really do hope that your shoulder gets sorted and that you get on your bike, in good time.

In the meanwhile, try to remain positive.
    Things will get betterer.

😉

skiboy
    Free Member

sorry to hear that, but on the plus side,

I have no cast on my arm after 8 weeks and the sun is shinning 😀

MarinNo8
    Free Member

Good luck cinnamon_girl and I hope you have a speedy recovery and get back on your bike soon x

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for all the good wishes. 😀

Can’t wait to get back on the mtb … with stabilisers and an ‘L’ plate! Will be a good few weeks yet I would imagine and will be guided by the physio.

Bunnyhop – why did it take so long for yours to heal? 18 months is a very long time! Does it bother you at all now?

peterfile
    Free Member

Good luck, I hope it goes well.

If it’s worth anything, I’ve just had 12 months off the bike after being told that I shouldn’t ride again, and I’m stronger now than I’ve ever been, both physically and mentally.

The time until you’re back on the bike will pass quicker than you think.

🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

tazzymtb

big healing hugs c_g

Bunnyhop

Bunnyhop – why did it take so long for yours to heal? 18 months is a very long time! Does it bother you at all now?

Doctor said it was usually between 6 months and 2 years to heal. I was then given the choice of an operation, but with a long waiting list and hubby’s auntie dying from MRSA in hospital I wasn’t keen to go down that route.
    The next option was a new fangled manipulation of the shoulder under local anesthetic, then option 3 was slow recovery with exercises and cortisone injections. I was lucky because my doctor also works for Manchester city football club so the injecttions were virtually painless (he dishes them out all the time to the footballers). So I went for the wimpy option number 3.

Can’t say I’ve had any problems although it was weak for ages and I now struggle with lifting the bike over ‘cough’ fences and stiles, that could be down to age though 😉

Hope everything goes well for you, you certainly deserve a bit of good luck.
    bunnyhop x

hilldodger
    Free Member

Hope all goes well and you’re back riding soon 🙂

ton

CG, good luck, hope you get it sorted love.
    and keep your chin up………… 😀

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Speedy recovery vibes, CG

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hope it goes well CG.

Molly says she hopes CG feels better soon. 🙂

singletrackmind

Stay positive CG , it will work out Ok eventually I’m sure .
    Use the time off to plan routes on OS maps, or take a walk through the woods and see if you can spot any cheeky trails hidden away.
    Good luck with it , keep us informed.

Anna-B
    Free Member

AS above CG, best of luck, hope it went well today. Abx

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Wish me luck…’ is closed to new replies.