• This topic has 27 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by jim25.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • wife apple phone upgrade….
  • bruneep

I know nothing of iphone and whats good or not I’m an android man and OIS

Mrs b currently has a iphone 6 and the cold kills the battery and its generally done. Looking at the iphone x to any reason not to get that for her? Other than apple anywhere else to look at getting it from?

she also has a non magic ipad so she wants to continue with apple products

slackalice
    Free Member

Look at the Apple refurb store or handtek.co.uk who do refurbed techie haven’t used them but they were a suggestion from this forum a while ago.

Drac

These were excellent for an iPhone 8 for my youngest. The good rated phone was immaculate.

https://www.4gadgets.co.uk

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve got an X. Perfectly good phone. Wife has the XR and not sure what if anything is better with that phone. The only distinguishing feature on any modern smart phone is camera capability, so if camera is important to you then buy on the strength of the camera, if not whatever deal is best,

lunge

I went from a 6 to an 11 Pro. It’s faster, the battery lasts ages and the camera is awesome.
    Not cheap mind you.

jim25

I think the 11 is just £79 more than the x now, I’d get the newer phone just to future proof it really

Drac

I’d get the newer phone just to future proof it really

Not so much of an issue now though.

jim25

New battery tech must be better

rhys
    Free Member

Mobiles.co.uk
    iPhone 1164gb

£95 upfront £33 per month

stevious

My wife (myyy wiiife) is in the same situation (with an SE, not a 6, but same problem) so am both bookmarking this and wondering whether just £50 on battery replacement might solve the problem.

bruneep

Looking at sim free, buying phone outright no contracts. phone has already had the battery replaced by apple, its just done time for a new phone.

11 looks favourable, so apple or JL?

bensales
    Free Member

If it’s the same price, always buy from Apple. After service is much easier.

tdog
    Free Member

John lewis were terrible dealing with an ipad mini warranty issue

Wish i hadnt bothered giving them my business as took a long time after finally convincing them to look at fixing a 2week old item

F useless braindead cs

Apple uk on other hand would no doubt be infinitely more respectful as purchased a new 6s once from them directly

I currently have an iphone 7 plus 256GB which has 100% battery health showing if that is of any interest?

Comes with an aspinal of London real crocodile leather case too worth a hefty price alone

If you’d like to message me then that’ll be a win win for all involved as I am going phone free for 2020 so sooner the better

Oh it’s fully unlocked too and in black and an absolute honest 9/10 in every way

frankconway

stealth ad?
    tut tut.

kiwijohn

At least get an XR. The battery is a vast improvement on anything that went before.

Kryton57

Can it wait?  The “SE2” is supposed to be out by March I believe, an iPhone 8 chassis with iPhone 11 internals, rumoured to be in the region of £399.

Kuco

Facial recognition on the 11 is amazing, even in the dark. And unless you desperately need the 3rd camera I’d recommend a basic 11 over a Pro.

simon_g

XR or 11 is the phone that suits almost everyone, and the battery life is brilliant. X or now 11 Pro is just a bit nicer/thinner/better camera for a premium price.

marcg868
    Free Member

Mum went from a 6 to a Xr, she loves it. Great Camera (on par with my S9) and superb battery life (much better than my S9) the 11 is supposed to be even better.

Frankers
    Free Member

My wife just upgraded from iPhone 6 to iPhone 11. Really pleased especially with better camera, larger screen, facial recognition and massively improved battery life. I have an XR through work and they are virtually the same, apart from the camera.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m about to give my SE to one of the kids. I don’t care for having the latest and greatest phone and realistically the SE is more than capable enough for me – internet browsing, banking apps, a bit of YouTube and reading books. I can get a 7 on a tariff I’m quite content with for under £30 a month. An 8 would be about £5 more. Is it worth it over the 7?

winrya
    Free Member

iPhone 11 is the current sweet spot of the iPhone range for price vs spec. iPhone X has a much more premium build and the Oled screen is a massive step up over the led in the 11. I’ve just swapped from an x to a 11 pro max and whilst there is little gain in performance, the battery and camera is in another league. Finding the max a bit too big after the x which is strange as I had a 6 plus and 7 plus for 3/4 years before the x which was fine before and the same size as the pro max. Oh I’m also really missing 3D Touch

lunge

Can it wait? The “SE2” is supposed to be out by March I believe, an iPhone 8 chassis with iPhone 11 internals, rumoured to be in the region of £399.

£400? No way at all, if it’s under double that I’d be suprised.

nealglover
    Free Member

Can it wait? The “SE2” is supposed to be out by March I believe, an iPhone 8 chassis with iPhone 11 internals, rumoured to be in the region of £399.

Wasn’t the 8 the one with the glass back panel that always gets smashed ?
    Wouldn’t touch the new SE2 if it’s the same. Crap design.

binners

Mrs Binners has just upgraded to an 11 and the quality of the camera on it is staggering. You wouldn’t think you were looking at pictures taken on a phone

She got an amazing deal on it on Sky Mobile. She had a good look around and they seem to be the best prices by far.

takisawa2

I got my lad an iPhone 11, on EE, for Xmas.
    £260 down & £29 a month.
    It does come with 24gb of data, the idea being he can split that with my Wife & his younger brother.

I always use money supermarket.
    Have done the buying a handset & Gif Gaf SIM before & it worked out more expensive…

Incidentally, EE couldn’t offer the same deal directly when I called them. They said Mobiles.co.uk etc, mobiles123 etc are mostly all owned by carphonewarehouse, who buy in bulk from ES, O2 etc at discount & sell on.
    The phones always arrive next day, unbranded, with a SIM pack.

tdog
    Free Member

Not really frank conway, just an offer that is all

jim25

Where did you get that through then Takisawa2?
    I’m an EE sim only customer and want to switch over to the iPhone 11 now

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘wife apple phone upgrade….’ is closed to new replies.