• This topic has 8 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by ton.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • why can you only buy marins instore……………..
  • ton

most shop sites will not let you buy em online????? why.

Q
    Free Member
    crispybacon
    Free Member

They need to ensure you have the requist beard & sandals 😉

fubar
    Free Member

.where it says

To comply with Marin warranty requirements, Marin bikes are only available for instore collection.

and

Availability : Due to the supplier wishing to prevent internet sales and mail order, this item can only be collected in store.

same story for Trek isn’t it….

I imagine the truth is to control prices / protect their dealers…but they will suggest it ensures quality / support etc etc…

IA

Not strictly true, i got an old stock one from atb-sales direct: http://store.atb-sales.co.uk/ some good deals.

hopster
    Free Member

People buying bikes from a box does nothing for the reputation of a brand if the thing is assembled incorrectly which could the performance of the bike at and could kill someone as a worse case scenario.#

How many time shave you heard a person moan about a bike that doesn’t work properly only to discover its a mail order job they built themselves then slag off the brand. At the end of the day the brand is responsible only for the frame as Shimano, Rock shox etc.. warranty is the responsibility of the distributor for that product once its checked by a dealer.

Q
    Free Member

My humblest apologies, I just noticed this……

Availability : Due to the supplier wishing to prevent internet sales and mail order, this item can only be collected in store.

Another reason not to buy one 😉

Chevin
    Free Member

Changing again ton?

Matthew

ton

matt, i need a road/tourer/cross/audax bike.
    broke my galaxy.
    you got any marin toscanas in?????

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘why can you only buy marins instore……………..’ is closed to new replies.