Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Why are we having such good weather at the moment?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

The weather here (Southampton) changed from perpetual rain to sunshine almost the moment they started the Corvid restrictions. Why?

Theory 1
    The weathermen are all stuck at home so can’t update the weather charts

Theory 2
    The weather is far more influenced by mans actions that previously thought and stopping almost all planes and massive drop in other emissions have changed the normal* weather patterns.

Please add your own theories………

*’normal’ weather patterns have only been used in weather modelling since after planes were in common use so would have counted the planes and pollution as part of normal. As polution has got worse recently we have been having more extreme weather. A month or so of shut down and the weather is calm again.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The universe has a delicious sense of irony?

mickyfinn
    Free Member

month or so of shut down and the weather is calm again.

Across the whole world or just where you are 😉

mogrim

Because we’ve got all the rain in Spain. And it’s not just falling on the plain.

johndoh
    Free Member

It’s spring? I know, it’s a bit out there as far as theories go.

brakes
    Free Member

I’m not a lawyer, but I’d say Theory 1 is more plausible

Onzadog
    Free Member

More likely it’s just sods law

hotstuff
    Free Member

We’ve had good weather at this time of year for a while now. I’ve been down in Norfolk for Easter for a few years now and it’s been glorious. I seem to remember temperatures in excess of 30 degrees two years ago.

ta11pau1

*dons tin foil hat*

Air traffic reduction etc won’t have had that sudden an impact on, well anything.

I believe it’s called the law of sod.

April last year it was mid-20’s temperature so not exactly unusual weather.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Mother nature created this pandemic to purge the real virus from her surface. We (mostly) all fought back by staying indoors.

Sunny weather is just her next chess move in response to ours.

zippykona

It’s generally nice up til Mrs Zip’s birthday (May 5) then it all goes horribly wrong.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

An area of high pressure?

alibongo001

A more mundane reason might be due to an area of stubborn high pressure forcing all the storms to go South of the UK for a few weeks

Right tin foil hats back on!!

Caher

There’s been a massive high stuck over Scandinavia for about 3 weeks.

kayak23

I was a bit chilly this morning in the old gilet. Makes you think.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

5G CHEMTRAILS INFECTING THE WATER SUPPLY! WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I was a bit chilly this morning in the old gilet. Makes you think.

My gran had one of those. Can’t you have an indoor gilet installed?

franksinatra

UV kills coronavirus, we now have lots of UV. Makes you think.

Trimix
    Free Member

Who cares why, make the most of it while you can 🙂

(assuming your local trails are nice)

tenfoot

Mother nature created this pandemic to purge the real virus from her surface. We (mostly) all fought back by staying indoors.

Sunny weather is just her next chess move in response to ours.

This. Or rather, the higher being running the simulation we’re all living in is having some fun.

perchypanther
    Free Member

UV kills coronavirus, we now have lots of UV. Makes you think.

We should inject ourselves with UV.

Klunk
    Free Member

5G CHEMTRAILS INFECTING THE WATER SUPPLY! WAKE UP, SHEEPLE!

yeah it’s always windier @ wind turbine sites, makes yer think!

perchypanther
    Free Member

it’s always windier @ wind turbine sites,

It wouldn’t be if they switched those big fans off.

kerley
    Free Member

Seem to remember it being rather nice around this time last year too, very dry when riding until May when it got muddy again.

oikeith

Looking at my Strava for this time last year and the year before says this is normal as I was doing lots of riding in places I wouldnt ride if wet.

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t jinx it by talking about it.

redmex
    Free Member

Sparks in 1974 Never Turn Your Back On Mother Earth, pretty good tune it’s on my playlist

johndoh
    Free Member

We’ve had good weather at this time of year for a while now. I’ve been down in Norfolk for Easter for a few years now and it’s been glorious. I seem to remember temperatures in excess of 30 degrees two years ago.

Yeah, that year we came back from a month in Oz to pouring rain (in the middle of April) then suddenly it turned and it barely rained again for the entire summer – by August our garden was bone dry and there was 2” gaps between the lawn and the patio where it had contracted so much. IIRC we had a dreadful winter that year too, just like we have come out of this year.

mtbqwerty

Since the roll out of 5G, chemtrails are no longer needed…therefore no clouds

jamesoz

Yep, been decent for a while now at this time of year. Usually book a week’s lads bike holiday (North Wales Scotland etc) in early may, been perfect weather for all bar a few.
    After carefully waterproofing my kit it’s more often we have to worry about sunburn rather than a soaking.

stevied
    Free Member

We should inject ourselves with UV.

Or disinfectant, as suggested by Dr Trump:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52407177

Perhaps Coronavirus causes sunshine and clear skies.

Have there been any studies?

toby1

Jetstream stuff surely?

Cougar

You’re unaware of how seasons work?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

There is a weather effect where it rains more often at weekends* because particulates build up and give water vapor somewhere to nucleate. No pollution, no particulates, less rain.

*Strictly speaking it’s the other way round, it rains less on weekdays as it’s a delayed effect of less pollution, if you have enough pollution it rains late in the week and all through the weekend until the particulates are diminished then stops on Monday.

Certainly seems brighter than normal, even in a high pressure you normally get a haze as the pollution and water vapor can’t rise, and after weeks of it the smog and pollution should really be building up by now? But instead it’s blue sky from horizon to horizon.

maccruiskeen

Clouds are made of 100% chem-trails and it only rains every time Captain Flashheart flushes the toilet.

johndoh
    Free Member

It wouldn’t be if they switched those big fans off.

Yeah, I often wonder how much electricity it takes to run them versus the amount of power they generate.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

wrong thread

perchypanther
    Free Member

it only rains every time Captain Flashheart flushes the toilet.

That explains the good weather.

As he’s working from home, he’s out pissing in the garden, wearing his special slippers

dannyh
    Free Member

Mother Nature is just twisting the knife a little now she hopes that we might actually be shocked into mending our ways?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Why are we having such good weather at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.