Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • What's your manliest recipe?
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Other than pulled pork? http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/pulled-pork-does-not-make-you-more-manly-2013112781483

Makes me wonder if Daily Mash writers are undercover STWists 8)

I like to bring new oomph to tabletop jumps by clipping a feral goat mid-air with my fat tyres before wrestling it to the ground, hand-butchering with a Leatherman, stuffing with rare wild herbs before heaving onto a spit over a seasoned-cherrywood fire. Washed down with home-brewed ghost chilli sauce and a case of imported craft beer. It’s all a bit reconstructed-unreconstructed but it makes me feel reconnected to my inner selfie after a few hrs on the iPad I can tell you!

(I have actually posted a pulled pork recipe here in the past but only cos someone asked, honest)

fasthaggis

Roadkill

johndoh
    Free Member

It’ll have to be any of my very spicy curries.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Chicken thighs with Mexican beans, tomatoes and chorizo, fresh chillies, mint and coriander. Stewed or BBQ the chicken and serve on top of the rest – the maniless quotient is a factor of Beans.

andyl
    Free Member

Spit roast

munkster
    Free Member

Star Wars pie.

(courtesy MrBlond of this parish)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

2l bottle of Irn Bru

wombat

My 7 mammal roast

Fieldhouse inside a guinneapig inside a rabbit inside a badger inside a lamb inside a pig inside a cow FTW 8)

kayak23

Halloumi cheese and Edemame bean salad with rocket, grilled pine nuts and a balsamic glaze.

mikemorini
    Free Member

Quiche

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Just remembered when was a youth, grabbing a roadkill pheasant on a summer day while hiking 50 miles with some friends. We hied into yon copse in the midday sun, not sure if meat was warm from freshly killed or from reheating under the day’s sunlight.

Neil drew the plucking straw and proceeded to have at it until the neck accidentally ripped so the bird’s crop emptied grain everywhere, prompting Neil in turn to empty his stomach contents up the tree with loud retching noises.

We made greenstick kebab skewers from the pheasant meat and toasted over a hasty fire, and it tasted like warm blood and desperation. Felt manly as all hell.

Still hungry we nipped over the road to the local village pub for peanuts, paying for them with bloodied hands that didn’t go unnoticed. There was silence in the pub. Not the best of evenings.

EDIT*. Wombat that’s ok yet were you to then put the cow into a whale that you’d punched to death from a sea kayak then you’d win hands down.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Think I did a 6 meat roast once,

munrobiker
    Free Member

Not had one since I was a student but I used to make a hotdog with 6 frankfurters, tinned haggis, that cheese with chillies in it and ketchup in a 12″ baguette. It was lovely.

DaRC_L

Tex Mex Tequila Chicken

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Mince

sandwicheater

Anything on a BBQ or cooked outdoors.

lunge

Tartiflette, cheese, potatoes and pork. Done.

pictonroad

Huge fry up for 6 people. The timing required to get it all to the table at the right time and perfectly cooked is as complex as any project management task and infinitely more tasty.

MSP

My sausage fest pretty manly.

samunkim
    Free Member

In from a a Algarve night club at 6am

scrambled some eggs in a saucepan , poured baked-beans and chopped sausage into the mix

Went down to the pool and ate the lot from the saucepan using a couple of bread rolls as a spoon just as z’germans were claiming the sun beds for the day.

Then crashed out for the morning, woke up hours later ( in a little cleared circle )to the sound of tutting .. Classic

martinhutch

Tartiflette

Possibly the least manly sounding food ever.

corroded
    Free Member

I had hot-stone beef in Mozambique once. Hunk of raw beef, a very hot stone, cook as required. I think it felt more manly for being in Mozambique rather than Shoreditch. Had a good goat curry there too.

yunki
    Free Member

Chickpea, butternut squash and coconut curry served over red quinoa always seems to get the ladies attention..

slowoldman

Big steak – beef or lamb
    Pommes Dauph
    Beetroot with honey and black pepper.

northernmatt

Beef stew then apple crumble and loads of custard to follow.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Nigerian goats head pepper soup

I will never eat anything goat related again ever.

anagallis_arvensis

Got to be a hangi of some sort.

bigjim

sea trout caught by my fair hand with veg freshly dug from my parents garden made me feel quite hunter gathery and was exceptionally tasty

nach
    Free Member

Shooter’s Sandwich. The recipe began “Take two steaks…”

chrisdw
    Free Member

Bacon strips. Bacon strips.

emsz
    Free Member

Tartiflette, cheese, potatoes and pork. Done.

I wouldn’t the pork anyway, but you couldn’t eat the other 3 at the same time, you’d explode. 😆

EDIT: 2 x 8 inch 4 cheese pizzas cooked and then turned face together so you can eat with your fingers.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Once shouted to the wife, “get some egg, chips and beans on luv”

cloudnine
    Free Member

Improvised beach campfire cooking involving freshly caught mackerel, filleted and cooked in tinfoil in the ashes of the fire served with Freshly caught prawns cooked in half a can of cider (remove the top with a penknife). Yum.

hatter

My patented cowboy corn beef hash, takes about three hours to make, stinks the house out for 24 hours and is so loathed by my wife that I’m expressly forbidden from cooking if she’s in the country.

She goes away next month, I’ve already bought the tin ready.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nails. In a toasted bun.
    Obviously with Mayo. I’m not a savage

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Prawns in campfire cider sounds epic!

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Dead dairy cows udder stew, fresians the best

darrell
    Free Member

whale sashimi

ps i live in Norway so it’s legal

MrBlond
    Free Member

Haven’t actually made this, but have eaten it in Ghent

http://www.fansofflanders.be/Channels/Eat%20This/10_June_2013/10062013_Cannibal_toast

DougD

Steak tartare.

It’s like you’ve taken the ingredients for a pretty tasty burger, and burgers are pretty manly, but then thought, cook it? Nah, it needs to be even more manly so I’m going to eat it raw

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘What's your manliest recipe?’ is closed to new replies.