Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • What's the most useful piece of camping equipment you always take?
  • hjghg5
    Free Member

Flip flops and electric hook up. We only bought the hook up this year and it made such a difference – just being able to check opening hours for stuff and maps and all that sort of stuff on our phones during a 10 day trip rather than scrambling around to find plug sockets in cafes. Less of an issue for shorter trips though.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

whiskey , gets you off to sleep but doesn’t wake you up for a piss

Houns

Phone numbers for nearest BnB’s

kayak23

user-removed
    Free Member

I bought an inflatable Coleman sofa. Best. Thing. Ever. Changed camping forever.

headfirst
    Free Member

No-one has mentioned wind-blocks, not to block the wind but to clearly demarcate your territory! This is more vital than even a tent.

Given you’re taking a toddler and a baby I would suggest for yourself Valium, Prozac, St John’s Wort or similar so you don’t flip your lid at the constant stream of fellow campers returning very noisily from the pub, waking up said children who only fell asleep five minutes ago. You can send yourself off to sleep (eventually) in the certain knowledge that you’ll get your own back on these rowdy revellers when your two wake up at first light, which I think is about 5am at the moment. 😉

Happy camping!

ransos
    Free Member

You can send yourself off to sleep (eventually) in the certain knowledge that you’ll get your own back on these rowdy revellers when your two wake up at first light, which I think is about 5am at the moment.

My eldest likes to sing very loudly at first light, just to make sure everyone’s awake…

ransos
    Free Member

So what did I learn?

1. A week of continual rain is very, very tiresome.
    2. The kids had a great time, regardless.

chewkw
    Free Member

Toilet roll. 😀

Otherwise you will need to use the leafs on the ground or use your hand to wipe your backside.

mark90
    Free Member

Concur with Dr P. We had a wood chopping / machete related injury this weekend. Luckily we had a well stocked first aid kit and two qualified nurses. So all patched up and marshmallows duly toasted. Which is my camping essential. Marshmallows and choccy digestives for making smores. Yummy. If not quite ideal for children just before bed!

superfli
    Free Member

Tent Carpet and head torch

crankboy
    Free Member

Headtorch
    Swiss Army Knife
    Hipflask
    Small BBQ that also doubles as a fire pit
    Folding chairs.
    Folding fish holder thing for BBQ .

flamejob
    Free Member

Jeeeeep.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nfv89L]Mew Lake[/url] by flamejob, on Flickr

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Wife, bottle opener, booze, credit card

epicyclo

And don’t forget the arse butter if you’re cycling…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

And don’t forget the arse butter if you’re cycling…

or camping in ‘special’ places

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘What's the most useful piece of camping equipment you always take?’ is closed to new replies.