Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 226 total)
  • "What the **** are you doing?" edit: NSFW
  • stevied
    Free Member

Not a good idea to push up a DH track 😯
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-LNcpjQaM[/video]

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Ouch! The push up track is about 1m away from the trail there to.

rOcKeTdOg

Where you playing music or was that added post pro?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Why do people insist on shitty music tracks accompanying vids ? As is, neat riding until the incident.

stevied
    Free Member

I was on Dirt FB page

DezB
    Free Member

Nasty!

I was on Dirt FB page

No wonder you crashed – browsing the web whilst cycling is jolly dangerous!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bloody idiots.

I remember years back coming off one of the last drops at the end of Ae red run, it’s a pretty blind drop, and there was some pillock and his son pushing up the track. Evasive action taken but I ended up in the bushes.

Again, there is a push up track just to the side.

docgeoffyjones

Saw this on a facebook thread. He was listening to music. not that it matters

prawny

Bloody hell! That really makes no sense there the push up track is the width of a tree away. Cannock is full of numpties.

legend
    Free Member

not that it matters

It does when it’s bloody Fall Out Boy

docgeoffyjones

It does when it’s bloody Fall Out Boy

What music would of prevented this?

Northwind

Stay On Boy

legend
    Free Member

R Kelly – I Belive I Can Fly or Queen – Don’t Stop Me Now certainly could’ve helped

bikebouy
    Free Member

Queens “Bicycle” song Shirley..

theotherjonv

Daft to be pushing up a DH trail but surely as a responsible rider he should be able to stop or take avoiding action within the distance he can see.

What if it had been a kid?

ulysse
    Free Member

Theotherjonv, i make that right, too

DT78
    Free Member

Daft to be pushing up a DH trail but surely as a responsible rider he should be able to stop or take avoiding action within the distance he can see.

lol was waiting for that 🙂 Or maybe someo-one with their trail dog?

I’d be pretty annoyed if that had been me, but to be honest I think my first reaction would have been check I’d not broken anything, and then go back and see if the rider I’d hit was ok. That looked pretty nasty.

Then check the bike, then call them idiots….

convert

Not sure if serious

thered

1/10, please try harder.

legend
    Free Member

convert – Member
    Not sure if serious

This is STW of course he’s hand-wringing/frothing/serious

Rorschach
    Free Member

He should have a bell.
    And high viz.
    End of thread.

DezB
    Free Member

docgeoffyjones

Fair enough in your local woods but the guy is on a dedicated downhill track

Bagstard
    Free Member

I’m impressed he managed to get up and start the abuse so quickly, I would definitely just be groaning at that point!

copa
    Free Member

Fair enough in your local woods but the guy is on a dedicated downhill track

It’s a public area though isn’t it?

thered

I take it back “theotherjonv”, you got a couple of bites so must be upgraded to 2/10.

DezB
    Free Member

On STW it’s never the person at fault’s fault!

docgeoffyjones

I don’t know but i know there is a push up track next to it.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

*People who ride canal towpaths not understanding push up track shocker*

jamesfts
    Free Member

I had very similar experience at FoD, a xc rider parked sideways across a fast blind bit of dh track chatting to his mates. No room to avoid, hit him flat out but hard on the brakes at 90 degrees.

copa
    Free Member

On STW it’s never the person at fault’s fault!

What if that wasn’t a ‘noob’ but somebody just walking?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Would that same person just walk out on a blind bend in front of a car, and stand looking the other way?.

I had very similar experience at FoD, a xc rider parked sideways across a fast blind bit of dh track chatting to his mates. No room to avoid, hit him flat out but hard on the brakes at 90 degrees.

Had a mate over from NZ a few years back, his lasting impression was that folks in UK seem to hang about on trails, fixing bikes, chatting, whatever. I hadn’t really thought about it before, but he definitely has a point…

DezB
    Free Member

Or a child’s face?

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

I was going down the top berms at lee quarry and as I turned the blind corner there was a crosser coming up at speed, just managed to steer round each other.

legend
    Free Member

Had a mate over from NZ a few years back, his lasting impression was that folks in UK seem to hang about on trails, fixing bikes, chatting, whatever. I hadn’t really thought about it before, but he definitely has a point…

Glentress King/Queen race a few years back had people lying bikes down on the trail whilst they stood at another part checking out lines. There were also groups completely block trail exits. Couldn’t get my head around it, some of them seemed a tad upset when their bikes nearly got ridden over

rocketman
    Free Member

It’s Cannock

Not unusual to find fricken horses on the trail

Also dogs
    runners
    deer millions of those
    drone pilots
    yetis
    werewolves
    hobbits
    shrines
    stretchers/crutches
    stick men
    stag parties
    unicorns
    swings
    black eyed children
    root vegetables
    pig man
    panthers
    and many more

perchypanther
    Free Member

^^^^ How very dare you! I’ve never been to Cannock!

theotherjonv

I take it back “theotherjonv”, you got a couple of bites so must be upgraded to 2/10

Do i get extra marks for…..

If you want to race down downhill tracks and trails then go and do it on proper timed races and enduros, not on a saturday afternoon when a family could be out for a gentle ride.

Same as if you want to thrash cars and motorbikes about, do it on a proper track day. We don’t tolerate people racing on the public highway.

-> 😉

(seriously though…… it is completely stupid on the part of the pushees, but if you aren’t sure the track is clear and can’t stop, I’d get no satisfaction from sitting in my wheelchair knowing that technically I was right)

docgeoffyjones

(seriously though…… it is completely stupid on the part of the pushees, but if you aren’t sure the track is clear and can’t stop, I’d get no satisfaction from sitting in my wheelchair knowing that technically I was right)

so its still the riders fault in greatest STW shocker ever

crazy-legs

Glentress King/Queen race a few years back had people lying bikes down on the trail whilst they stood at another part checking out lines. There were also groups completely block trail exits. Couldn’t get my head around it, some of them seemed a tad upset when their bikes nearly got ridden over

This happens in road riding too. One rider stops at the side of the road to await clubmates at top of a hill. Remaining riders roll up one by one, stop alongside or just behind and before you know it, they’re 4 abreast into the road, bikes side on, chatting, faffing, eating and generally not looking. They then seem surprised when a car tries to get past them all and can’t.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 226 total)

The topic ‘"What the **** are you doing?" edit: NSFW’ is closed to new replies.