Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • What next scandi noir stuff?
  • choppersquad
    Free Member

The Investigation was pretty ace. Mainly for the fact that it didn’t glorify the actual murder but concentrated on the parents emotions and the amazing way the police actually caught the killer.

cinnamon_girl

“Before We Die” is a Swedish series and a British version featuring Lesley Sharp is now available as a boxset. Although it must be a couple of years ago that I watched the Swedish series, I don’t recall ever switching off. I failed to watch to the end of the first episode due to the sight of a man being tortured, it was seriously grim and disturbing.

Moving on to a new series entitled “The Pleasure Principle” which is set in Warsaw, Prague and Odessa. This certainly looks promising, yes there is the stench of death but it will be interesting to see how these 3 crime units from 3 different countries work together. Common language seems to be English!

Both available on Walter Presents, All4.

DrJ

Update – we have been watching KATLA on Netflix, about weird happenings following a volcanic eruption on Iceland. The scenery is stunning of course (set in Vik, which you will recognise if you’ve ever been to Iceland) and the plot is a bit like the sci-fi movie Solaris.

firestarter
    Free Member

Not sure it’s noir but I enjoy twin recently with the big ginger bloke from goft

fingerbang
    Free Member

just finished Series 1 of The Bridge (only 10 years or so late).

it really is good. Saga brings to leather pants what Sarah Lund brings to hygge sweaters.

great story and for a noir it has some LOL moments (usually involving Saga)

love it love it love it. Cracking on with series 2 tonight

pandhandj
    Free Member

Not sure where it is available to watch but i really liked Braquo. French cop drama. Pretty violent as i remember. But all the characters were moody, brooding, Gauloises smoking, Gallic hard cases… even the male characters!

rossburton
    Free Member

Shetland is back on which is practically scandi.

longdog
    Free Member

Was just going to mention Shetland. They’ve just finished filming the next (and last) series here too.

We spent last night spotting locations and the strange links TV makes between them! Always good fun.

DrJ

Some more recent scandi noir on All4 – Grey Zone and (better) After the Dust Settles.

natrix
    Free Member

If you like French cop dramas, Paris Police 1900 is worth a watch (IMHO)

teenrat

Another good Danish one is ‘The chestnut man’ which is on Netflix at the moment.

DrJ

Another good Danish one is ‘The chestnut man’ which is on Netflix at the moment.

Yes – good call – same writer as The Killing and not too many episodes.

oldtennisshoes

Shetland is back on which is practically scandi.

It’s hard not to like Shetland, but Sandy’s acting hasn’t got any better.

If it’s not already been mentioned, Guilt (both series) are worth watching.

Mark Bonnar (Max in Guilt and Duncan in Shetland) is a great actor and is wasted in Shetland.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘What next scandi noir stuff?’ is closed to new replies.