Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • What is the STW sandal of choice these days ?
  • walowiz

I’ve worn out all my sandals, even my beloved 14 year old oakleys – gutted and they don’t make them anymore, can’t stand Birkenstocks – too uncomfortable and they’re worn out too. Maybe there’s a connection there. The two pairs of clarks also worn out. Had a lot of use from them all, esp the oakleys.

And I can’t get out to try any for a few days now.

What do the STW massif go for.

Something with a soupçon of style would be good.

molgrips
    Free Member

Birkenstocks are in (again) and they do the one with the heel strap with a thick rubber sole which is slightly more ugly but vastly more comfortable to walk in and ideal for actual walking.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Keen closed toe

bigyan
    Free Member

Surely jesus sandals and white socks?

kayak23

copa
    Free Member

On-One Sandal

frankconway

Josef Seibel.

walowiz

@Kayak23 has nailed it, they look the business for the beach

walowiz

Birkenstocks are in (again) and they do the one with the heel strap with a thick rubber sole which is slightly more ugly but vastly more comfortable to walk in and ideal for actual walking.

Haven’t seen those, I find the std ones like walking in a plank of wood attached to my feet

LeeW

Teva are pretty good imo, had mine fir probably 15 years, they’ve lasted really well.

dovebiker

I have a pair of Hoka One One – well-shaped footbed and chunky sole which means they stay put, grip well plus a pretty closed toe so you can’t see my manky toenails 🤮 and don’t fill with sand and gravel when walking on paths

colournoise

+1 for Keen. During the summer, I live in these but it seems their looks are a bit Marmite.

doris5000

I think molgrips is talking about the Birkenstock Milano.

Birkenstocks are very comfortable, I have to admit

fasthaggis

Wot the generalist and colournoise said,and yes they do look you are wearing some kinda cornish pastie on your feet,but who cares when they are so comfy. 😉 😀

MarkE25

Another vote for keen here. More comfy than my old teva sandals and less susceptible to filling with grit/sand. Teva were pretty comfy too though tbf.

cookeaa

/thread

/Thread…

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Can’t go wrong with a pair of safety sandals, especially if using power tools.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have these, but I can’t remember paying that much for them. Oof.

https://www.birkenstock.com/gb/milano-birko-flor/milano-adventcrosst-birkoflor-0-pufoamed-m_11253.html

Pretty sure the Milano is that style but this is the er.. ‘adventure’ version or some such. Way more cushioning.

I’ve had a couple of pairs of Keen but they always stank to high heaven in a matter of weeks. Birkenstocks never seem to, for me.

CountZero

Teva. The original and as good as anything else out there. I first saw them in America and bought a pair, which I’m still wearing, when the weather is suitable. They’re now 29 years old.

I think I’ll need to get mine out of the wardrobe seeing as how it’s going to be fairly warm for a bit.

Like mine, except mine have a blue and green pattern woven into the nylon straps,

If you need a bit more protection, Teva do the Omnium:

plus-one

Crocs for the win 😉

Holes to let your dignity seep out 🙂

wwpaddler
    Free Member

How on earth do you get Tevas to last 15-29 years? I’ve usually got holes in the soles within 3-5 years and have never got any footwear to last that long without resoling it. Tevas or Merrells for me – Merrells size slightly small compared to other brands so need to go up a size or two.

Kryton57

A lot of people, forget that Birkenstocks need to be worn for a couple of weeks and they mould to your feet. Out of the box, they are a little uncomfortable but wear them in and boy they are very very comfortable.

Birkenstock Arizona ftw, it’s the super grip sole which is being discussed above.

Pieface

I never really got on with Birkenstock’s, they never felt that comfy / secure and the sole / footbed didn’t seem to handle moisture that well.

I have a pair of the Keen sandal’s previously mentioned and they’re great, but for something a little less ‘outdoorsy’ I’d plump for some leather Teva sandals or espadrilles

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

*   opens fashion related thread on singletrack forum, is not disappointed.   *   oh my word we have some sex gods on here 🙂 🙂

IHN

I do think that it is one of life’s great cruelties that the absolutely most comfortable footwear attire, i.e. socks and sandals, is the about the biggest fashion faux-pas it is possible to make. It’s just not fair 🙁

Pieface

Any footwear that allows people to see your toes are always going to let you down, especially with toes like mine, that’s why the Keen’s are good

IHN

Any footwear that allows people to see your toes are always going to let you down

Again, socks would get around this 🙁

BillOddie

Sorry not sorry to the haters but Crocs are cool again…

The Wu-tang Clan even have Limited Edition Crocs….

I basically live in my Real Tree Camo Crocs.

TiRed

can’t stand Birkenstocks

Are you sure you’re wearing the right size? After two pairs of 43’s, I measured my feet on their scale for a pair of slippers and it turned out that I’m a 42 narrow. The improvement in fit – with arch and toes in the right place was enormous.

https://www.birkenstock.com/on/demandware.static/-/Library-Sites-Birkenstock-NA/en_US/dwdaaacaf6/documents/Measurement_Template_US_A4.pdf

Otherwise Teva.

ElShalimo

I’ve got Birkenstock Bilbao – they’re like the classic Arizona model but with a more useful sole and a slightly cushioned footbed. I got them on Amazon a few years ago as they were much cheaper than Arizonas but I find them better

https://www.birkenstock.com/gb/bilbao-birko-flor/bilbao-core-birkoflor-0-pu-u_79.html?dwvar_bilbao-core-birkoflor-0-pu-u__79_color=79

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

sandals..

..style

Not sure if serious..

😁

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a pair of worn once standard Birkenstocks in 45 to shift if anyone’s interested?

And I’d echo comments about sizing. I’m normally 45, size 43 actually are the same size as my feet from new but you need them slightly larger so they mould a bit so I wear 44.

molgrips
    Free Member

socks and sandals, is the about the biggest fashion faux-pas it is possible to make

Not this year mate. Better take advantage of it.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Teva are pretty good imo, had mine fir probably 15 years, they’ve lasted really well.

You and CountZero are in for a bitter disappointment when you do eventually buy new….

My first lot did indeed last around 15 years, the more recent pair lasted about 3. They are shit now

pondo

Around the garden, Crocs FTW. 🙂 Out and about, Decathlon seem least whiffy of the ones I’ve used (Nike, Merrell), which is a big vote in their favour from Mrs Pondo. Once they start to honk, their days are numbered, the smell doesn’t seem to wash out. 🙁

hatter

+1 for Birks but allowing for a a sustained bedding in period, during which they will feel like they’re trying to kill you.

Not as bad as Red Wings though, sheeesh that was unpleasant.

walowiz

@molgrips

I have a pair of worn once standard Birkenstocks in 45 to shift if anyone’s interested?

Messaged you, as the thread implies I’m after sandals 🙂

Anyone heard of Reiker ? They look ok, may try keens too, but they look very adventure styley, which I’m not really into / after. Not at the moment, comfort, style, support and comfort.

oldtennisshoes

Adidas Nazareth

fruitbat

Misread the title – I thought it was scandal of choice 😄

jamj1974

What is a sandal of choice? Surely sandals are almost footwear of last resort – narrowly beaten by Crocs.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.