Home Forums Chat Forum What chainsaw protection boots?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What chainsaw protection boots?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve used steel toe capped work boots while using my saw but feel something specific should be on my feet given how much I use a chainsaw.

There seem to be two types, wellies or leather boots. I won’t be climbing trees, most all my sawing is done on the horse, so what would best suit my needs?

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBouy uses Haix Protector Lights…
    Linky
    Haix webby

She wanted something with the flexibility of a hiking boot but the strength of a chainsaw boot, of all she tried these were by far the best.

HTH

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

Another haix user here, mine have lasted six years up and down trees.

ski
    Free Member
    ski
    Free Member

I have also wondered if a thick sock surrounded with the protective wadding in might be a good addition to use with protective boots, not that I have ever seen such a thing?

richmars

I wear wellies, which have steel toecaps and (I think) protection up the front. If I was buying again I would look at tall leather laced up boots, but the wellies are good for clearing out ditches.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Interesting stuff Ski.

sc-xc

most all my sawing is done on the horse

This sounds incredibly dangerous.

itstig

Oregon fiordland leather boots class 2 nice and warm but need regular nikwaxing to stay waterproof. I have husky wellies for when it is wet but they are cold

Duane…
    Free Member

Skate shoes are great;

timber

Wellies are fine if you never want to walk anywhere in them or go on slopes, they are an even worse fit than regular wellies and no more waterproof than a decent pair of boots.

Eltens – avoid like AIDS, had various types between us, very comfy out the box, but leather is soft and rips, stitching breaks and on the last pair, the sole just disintegrated, gradually losing lugs. None have lasted more than 6 months.

Got some Husqvarna boots now, best pair yet, boss has them, sawyer has them, contractor has them. Tall and stiff like ski boots at first, but only pair of boots I’ve had that haven’t eaten the heel of my socks. Just like wellies, you won’t get wet feet until you go over the tops.

Got some old Oregon riggers type boots with rear laces at home, very tempted to get them re-soled as near slick, but they are made so strong, I’m not sure they’d be able to sepaerate them

EDIT: Husqy boots are Technical 24

cloudnine
    Free Member

Skate shoes are great;

daftvader
    Free Member

what size are you as i have a pair of haix boots (size 9 1/2 i think) sat in a cupboard doing nothing and some other bits i would be happy to get rid of if you are interested? email in profile

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’ve got Claude Hopper 11 – 46 sized feet, if I cut my toes off they might fit.

daftvader
    Free Member

ah well worth a try…. back to the cupboard for the boots…. what about size 36 sips green troos and a husq lid??? not pushing just trying to make some space and cash for new shiney bike bits once i have my wrist fixed and am back on the bike :-)

freeride_frankie
    Free Member

Go for leather boots rather than the welly type. Even with the ballistic nylon inside, the leather is still the best protection.Apart from that the choice is yours. Haix are prob the top bods. I use Elten Aquafell as I find them far more flexable, flippin expensive thou, as are Haix!!

timber

Just seen the price of Husqvarna Technical 24 boots, christ, you could buy a car for that! Fortunately work pay for mine, but considering I wear them more than any other piece of footwear I would still pay that with my own money.

Kuco

If you want waterproof we use these at work keep your feet nice warm and dry.

Just re-read bit of an overkill for what you want. We use wellies as well i’m not a big fan of them as they can be cold on the feet.

mechmonkey
    Free Member

You can’t beat the Meindl boots. Comfy as slippers almost from the get go, incredibly breathable which is a problem I always had with wellies and versatile enough to be a great hiking boot to boot.

They are overkill for what you need but I think you do need them. :D

mcmoonter
    Free Member

They are overkill for what you need but I think you do need them.

Overkill doesn’t come close, but I do like the look of those.

sugdenr
    Free Member

McMoonter if you still looking I have some 46/47 Oregon ones, leather with rubber soles and steel caps, they look and feel just like sturdy walking boots. Email me if you are interested

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What chainsaw protection boots?’ is closed to new replies.