Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 432 total)
  • WC match on right now *WITH SPOILER*
  • Philby

Nearly 3-0 – how did that stay out?

soobalias
    Free Member

couple more goals required somewhere or other.

tails
    Free Member

henry just taking the captains armband under no instructions from the coach. I was enjoying it but seeing a team just fall apart on the biggest stage is no fun. I hope it does not carry on into their domestic season.

yossarian
    Free Member

all over for the saffers now, great i can take the piss out of them too now 😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well at least England will end the tournament with at least one more point than the French managed if nothing else. 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I hope it does not carry on into their domestic season.

Arsenal will be screwed if it does.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Does anyone know if Brazil could meet Argentina in a match that isn't the final. That is meant to be a mad fixture to watch in Brazil. Ta.

simonralli2
    Free Member

So no one watching these two crazy games? 🙂

donsimon
    Free Member
    NZCol

Argies looking sharp.

billybob
    Free Member

Messi is looking very, very sharp.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Ah cheers Don Simon – that has a pretty clear layout. Assuming Brazil top their group they will not meet until the final.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Predictions for today's game then please….

I say 3-1.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

That'd better be to England mastiles. I'm in a crushing mood…

Jamie
    Free Member

Predictions….hmmm.

Going to say 1-1.

Shit, but there you go.

molgrips
    Free Member

4-0.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

That'd better be to England mastiles. I'm in a crushing mood…

It certainly better had be but I am afraid I am not sure it will. We are either going to play gloriously and forget the last two games or implode.

billybob
    Free Member

ok then – made it! Just….

So if we can get past Ghana/Germany/Serbia in the last 16.. Then Argentina or Mexico in the quarters. If and that is a big if we make it that far.

Would be absolutely smashing to beat the Germans & the Argentines on the way to the semis… cos we owe them both one (although we did get revenge on Argentina in 2002, so maybe they owe us one now…)

organic355
    Free Member

I dont get why USA are top, the BBC says their goal difference is the same as Englands and they both have 5 points?

billybob
    Free Member

goals scored – we've scored 2, they've got 4.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well that was exciting. Local town centre bar, decent crowd but not too busy, front row seats, free crisps and waitresses serving at the tables.

In bikini tops.

😈

NZCol

Alright you lot might have sneaked through with a flukey win so now its time for you to get in behind your antipodean mates and support the All Whites against Paraguay. Make no mistake this is our hardest game, Italy were a piece of piss really and we wuz robbed. But anyway. 87th or whatever the **** we are in the world, Andy barron the business analyst who is on annual leave from the bank, all the players with no clubs and a smattering of pros. 2 draws, a 2-2 or a win will get us into the next round. If we do, i dunno, i'll streak or something down the street. Its incredible, i've lived here going on 13 years, football is a 10th rate sport in a rugby obsessed country. Not any more. The All Blacks are playing and not one person is even talking about it, its all football, and NZ football. Sorry, I'm gushing, i'm quite proud of us and as a committed Wellington Phoenix supporter (our only pro team in the Oz A-League) since Day 1 i'm impressed.

So go the All Whites, Kia Kaha. 😀

NZCol

just me then oh well, more whisky (15yr old Glenf now, moved on from Highland Park)

tails
    Free Member

Good luck buddy that was not fluke yesterday we dominated just did not finish our chances well. Don't see how a 2 – 2 draw gets you through you need to win if italy win.

Jamie
    Free Member

I will be supporting NZ….obviously i will not be extending this gesture of goodwill to the All Blacks 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

LOL! Get in !!!!!

soobalias
    Free Member

the italians are in trouble

simonralli2
    Free Member

I think there will be many more twists in the next hour or so!

NZ Col – while maybe not being a supporter of NZ I would be very happy to see them progress. A famous mystic in Brazil before the world cup started said that Brazil would win, but the bigger teams really have to watch out for the smaller ones this year (in a for what it's worth observation : ) )

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

The gulf in ability is so much smaller than it ever was – just like in domestic football these days.

Would love to see NZ go through. Especially if England beat the convicts again today in the cricket – that would really spoil their week.
    😆

soobalias
    Free Member

how come the all whites are wearing black?

yossarian
    Free Member

just got a text message from a mate:

'this world cup is shaping up like world war 2. The french surrendered early, the yanks arrived at the last minute and we've been left to fight the f-cking germans!'

😀

soobalias
    Free Member

#
    anokdale – Member

This World Cup is like WW2, The French jacked early without trying, The Yanks came in at the end and we were left to scrap the Boxheads alone. Who said history does not repeat itself.
    Posted 14 hours ago # Report-Post

from the other thread, ask your mate to keep up

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Thats nasty!!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

OOHHH! that was SO close!

SST
    Free Member

shouldn't there be something in there about the Italians swopping sides too?

NZCol

Clash with red strips apparently (?) the black shirts are a new addition and we play well in them historically (last few friendliest). Come on boys let's nip a couple in move onto the next stage

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Goal or No goal then,

Italians will kick off if they don't win

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well that one WAS a goal

yossarian
    Free Member

mama mia!

soobalias
    Free Member

they have looked brighter in this half, but i dont see them coming back now.

NZ are trying, but just dont have it in them

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 432 total)

The topic ‘WC match on right now *WITH SPOILER*’ is closed to new replies.