Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 432 total)
  • WC match on right now *WITH SPOILER*
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

**** me

Good one NZ

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How gutted must Slovakia be – last minute of OT

simonralli2
    Free Member

Dang – missed the match as I was trying to get a load of work done before the next game. Sods law. Oh well.

molgrips
    Free Member

I started off wanting NZ to lose, but I am glad they equalized for some reason. Seemed to play well.

pomona
    Free Member

'Kin awesome result. I let the kids stay up late to watch it so no school for them in the morning (it's 0130 here in NZ).

More proof that football is rapidly starting to overtake eggball as the national sport (at least in Wellington anyway)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And the 3pm match *should* be a cracker. Looking forward to that one. 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

pomona – Member
    'Kin awesome result. I let the kids stay up late to watch it so no school for them in the morning (it's 0130 here in NZ).

Good one – big celebrations right now then I imagine?

vinnyeh

certainly didn't expect that- thought we were in for in for another hiding today. 😆

Think we did well considering the calibre of players, but definitely not the greatest of matches.

pomona
    Free Member

big celebrations right now then I imagine?

Unfortunately I'm stuck at home with the kids so not that big for us.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

TBH I was thinking 1-0 was gonna be a *good* defeat, then that bloke started running around on the left, ignored the overlapping player out wide and I thought he had wasted any last chance they had.

Then he crosses in right footed making it nigh on impossible for anyone to get a head on it….

Fair play, good one.

b_man
    Free Member

That last try was a cracker… I doubt there are too many kiwis staying up in NZ watching the game…

DezB
    Free Member

More proof that football is rapidly starting to overtake eggball as the national sport

I think that's probably stretching it!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Try? 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

From the glimpses I have seen of the Portugal/Ivory Coast match it is looking very good too – Ronaldo looks on fire.

Jamie
    Free Member

From the glimpses I have seen of the Portugal/Ivory Coast match it is looking very good too

….bit slow to be honest. One shot and a couple of 'interesting' tackles and that is about it.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Fair enough – I must have timed my switches to that tab on my screen to perfection then 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Maybe our 1 – 1 result isnt looking quite so disastrous right now given that there are quite a few draws elsewhere? This could change in the next minute or so tho!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And the 3pm match *should* be a cracker. Looking forward to that one.

How wrong you were…it's been the dreariest first round of the World Cup (a notoriously dreary round of football anyway) I can remember 🙄

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah – only 20 goals scored all tournament so far. 18 of those were by Germany.

How wrong you were…it's been the dreariest first round of the World Cup (a notoriously dreary round of football anyway) I can remember

I did say 'should'. 😥

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ohh – good save from the Swiss Cheeses

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ohh then a good save from the Spanish Tourist Botherers

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Some tasty passing from the Spainish

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ha ha!

thepurist

Come on you yodelling holey cheesed watch making cuckoo clock making pacifists

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Come on you yodelling holey cheesed watch making cuckoo clock making pacifists

LOVL!

I bog off to take a phone call then come back to that score – what happened??????????????

SST
    Free Member

The yodelling holey cheesed watch making cuckoo clock making pacifists heard you!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

WTF – my head is spinning watching that goal – how did it go in?????

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well at least the Spanish have Torres' nice new hair cut to keep them happy 🙂

brassneck

How did the keeper stay on the pitch for that challenge??

simonralli2
    Free Member

Good lord! Off the post. The Spanish have to score soon surely?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Not getting to see much of this – I guess this is one to catch on the highlights programme later?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

**** me – Swizzers have hit the post!

nobtwidler
    Free Member

Is it just me or are the VUVU thingies quieter? I can actually hear the crowd!

simonralli2
    Free Member

OMG – it must be a killer being either Spanish or Swiss!! Off the bar again – end to end. Mental

I was wondering about the noise too. It's quieter on Brazilian tv too.

SST
    Free Member

Today is a bank holiday over here – maybe the vuvu's are all at home having a BBQ

Cracking game though!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, that's around the right balance between Vuvus and crowd for me 🙂

Swissers should be two up. They're looking dangerous on the break.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

**** that was nearly an oggy!

ourkidsam
    Free Member

I'd comfort that distraught Señorita in the crowd

SST
    Free Member

Everytime the ball comes down the Swiss end they have 9 players in the box defending. Seems to be working for them.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I'd comfort that distraught Señorita in the crowd

+1 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 432 total)

The topic ‘WC match on right now *WITH SPOILER*’ is closed to new replies.