Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Waterproof trousers – not tights
  • DickBarton

What are people using for waterproof leg covers? I’m not meaning cycling tights but cycling trousers – but not really overtrousers.

I’ve got some Craft Avtice Bike Rain Trousers but I’ve ripped the backside out of them so need to get some new waterproofs…and I’m a bit stuck.

I’d really like the Endura MT500 Waterproof trousers but they are eye-wateringly expensive; the MT500 Spray trousers look ok – if I can find them in a sale; the Endura Gridlock 2 trousers are better priced but may not be ‘tough’ enough for MTBing – they look more like commuters/road use. The others that I’ve look at are DHB Flashlights – these appear to be similar to the Endura Gridlock 2.

Anyway, what are other people using and how waterproof are they? Ideally it is more mud-proof as I don’t tend to ride in water, it tends to be water contaminated with dirt which equals mud of varying consistency.

greencat
    Free Member

I’ve had some from Aldi which have been surprisingly good considering the rest of their cycle clothing range. Otherwise, I’ve also used ex-RAF waterproof overtrousers on the grounds they are cheap, but also goretex. Obviously not made for the purpose, but did the job in horrible conditions.

vincienup
    Free Member

I hear Gridlock/2’s may be a bit sweaty for MTB use.

I was looking at the same question before Christmas and while I ended up not buying came down to Singletracks or the Mt500’s.

Part of the non buy though is that at this price I’m not sure I shouldn’t be investigating mountain trousers (Montane, Rab etc) too, but haven’t really had the time to get obsessive about whether seams woud be a problem / if bibs under would sort etc…

oysterkite
    Free Member

These ?

[/url]

DrT
    Free Member

I’ve been using the altura attack trousers for a couple of years when it’s really grim out, they’re putting in sterling service. Used on yesterday’s ride (shown below) and were spot on.

[/url]56 Im Sure These Trails Have Been In Better Condition 250217 by D(i)rT, on Flickr[/img]

DickBarton

Thanks…can’t find any large but I’ll look more shortly.

oysterkite
    Free Member

I’m 32/32 and found the medium altura too big, small was perfect fit

lukeekulluke
    Free Member

I’ve been using RAF Military Surplus Goretex trousers as they’re only £15, have to tuck them in at the bottom but really rate them otherwise!

DickBarton

Ta, will keep looking…apparently my existing trousers can be repaired so I’ll see how those are on Thursday. If that fails I’ll be looking for something else.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof trousers – not tights’ is closed to new replies.