Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Waterproof pants, winter weight
  • andy8442
    Free Member

I’m in need of replacing my “ winter” waterproof leggings. I’m looking for something not quite ski trousers warm, but not just a shell. My current pair, Montane something or other,have been great, but not entirely waterproof anymore,and the zips are well and truly shot. Around the ton mark please.

matt_outandabout

Is this for cycling? Walking? Skiing?

weeksy

For cycling i never consider long pants. Very rarely i’ll go for long lycra ones but that’s more for the ease of mud etc rather than waterproofness. I’d absolutely melt in anything like that !

mrb123
    Free Member

Have a look at the Keela Alpine Advance.

andy8442
    Free Member

They will be used for standing around in what ever the weather can through at me.

slowoldman
    andy8442
    Free Member

I should also have said these are over trousers.

imn

Showers Pass might be worth a look. The Skyline trousers mix some softshell in for better breathability and a bit of stretch.

slowoldman

Ah overtrousers for standing around in? My current walking over trousers are Arcteryx. Expensive yes, but the best fitting I’ve ever had. Very comfortable.

andy8442
    Free Member

Thanks all. You can still rely on this forum for excellent recommendations.

footflaps

For winter (Scottish) I always used full on GTX salopettes, kept the mid drift nice and warm as plenty of overlap with the jacket.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Aldi have some merino leggings for £15 just now. I got some to wear under my (non-insulated) waterproof onesie

tjagain

do you mean trousers?

andy8442
    Free Member

Well, they’d certainly keep my belly warm.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof pants, winter weight’ is closed to new replies.